U.S.: Democrats Take Majority in House

preahko

The result is great, it doesn't matter if everything can fixed or not, it was a clear sign from the people that it can not go on like that. The over confidence (aka arrogance) of the current government was unstandable for almost every person in the world! Bush got his receipt, his politics got clearly rejected, he crashed onto the wall and now the democrats can slow him down, could totally handicap him. If that isn't good news I don't know what good news is!

The dems can now subpoena CIA Iraq intelligence & Cheney's 'energy group' records .. hopefully put accountability back in gubberment.

Congress can subpoena without senate or presidential concurrence.

laws & legislation are a 3 way street.

Hopefully work on changing US tax schedules.

Dems can work on raising the minimum wage.

dems can work on altering higher education assistance policy for the non-rich.

hopefully work on changing US stem cell research policy, put into place effective sex education in schools, ect and ect (in other words throw stupid christian stuff out)

&

the stock market has no meaning for 80% of Americans & is certainly not representative of the US economy.

" I read someplace that 45-50 percent of "Americans" own stock."

maybe true if you count retirment funds and indirect investing,

but only a small number directly own specific stocks, and a tiny percent are trading day to day etc ,

many got their stocks from where they work , so they are pretty well stuck with them....

OC

" I read someplace that 45-50 percent of "Americans" own stock."

maybe true if you count retirment funds and indirect investing,

but only a small number directly own specific stocks, and a tiny percent are trading day to day etc ,

many got their stocks from where they work , so they are pretty well stuck with them....

OC

You assessment doesn't square with what I googled. For one, while slightly more than half of investors put their money in mutual funds, there is still a big number who purchase individual stocks...those who do their own research on opportunities and/or use info from a professional/service. Stock-option plans in the workplace are not a big factor, while employer contributions to 401k's have been a big factor in stock/equity ownership.

And those who don't think that the stock market isn't affected by the economy or that it drives the economy, just doesn't have a clue.

HH

Archived