European handy with Thai prepaid Card

As I understood correctly in MBK they can fix phones to work with AIS 12call or Dprompt. But once set for Dprompt you cannot use 12 call prepaid cards. NE1 knows why this is? Dprompt callrates are cheaper, 5 Baht throughout the country, but the reception is a little bit less than AIS. I am not gonna travel much so I think Dpromt is a better deal. NE1 knows if they can fix Ericsson R310S. I got a simlocked one, I can get the lock off for $15, but can this phone model be fixed to work with 12call or Dprompt? Thanks for your input..

I've had three different Ericsson models tuned in MBK (not yours I'm afraid; last was the R320s), and I think there should be no problem. Expect to pay 200 Baht.

Prompt's reception can be a big problem outside of Bangkok (so I've been told by users), therefore I'm not sure if it's a good idea if you want to travel. I use One-2-Call and wherever its geographically possible I've always had a connection - the exception being in some areas in the North which were blocked off by mountains, or on some small islands in the South.

The price difference is only in country-wide calls: Prompt charges 5 Baht, One-2-Call 8 Baht. Both charge 5 Baht for local calls.

Archived