reading Thai fonts

boemba

I have the following problem. I move for my holiday to Europe. I stay with my family and want to use my free time to study some new software programs. For this purpose I use a lot of teaching CD's I have collected here in Bangkok and use successfully in Thailand. However last time I was home, I discovered I could not use these programs there, because the Thai fonts were not read. This is not a problem accessing fonts in the IE browser etc. I know how to solve that. How do I go about it? Is it possible to copy some fonts I have on my computer in Thailand to the computer in Europe? Or do I have to download some files from microsoft site? I tried to look at that site, but it was not self-explaining. Most of the CD's I have seem to have been made by Macromedia software. Do I have to look for help there?

Not enough info. The long answer is...

You need a Thai font AND you need the font that the particular software uses. E.g. if you have Tahoma (which includes Thai) and your software expect DBThaiText, it won't be displayed properly.

If you can, find out what font the software uses. Then you can simply copy it from your Fonts folder and install it on whatever other computer you desire.

Archived