Late November Bangkok, Early December Pattaya

FrostFire

Hiya All,

I just confirmed my first trip to Thailand... And would love to meet some of the more experienced vacationers while I'm there...

I will be arriving BKK at 11:40PM on November 29th, and planned to stay in Bangkok for 2 nights (at the Nana hotel), then move on to Pattaya.

If anyone will be around in either Bangkok or Pattaya.. and would like to get together... Throw some ideas down here! (First drink's on me!) :)

Frosty

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey.. I used to use this site in during my first trips to tland. Its a a great site! Anyway, I am heading back to Thailand and arrive December 2. Ill probably stay in Bangkok a few days, then head to Phuket after a week. If you still you in Bangkok in the first week of December let me know. Pattaya is ok.. but i prefer Bkk and Phuket. Have fun on your trip. Your gonna love it! I live in philly/NYC, 34 , yadda yadda..

What makes you prefer BKK and Phuket over Pattaya? Just curious... this is my first trip, so I have no experience to go from lol. I have read numberous places tho that Pattaya is the place to go!

I will only be in BKK until 12/2, then I am moving on to Pattaya most likely. I have not confirmed my Pattaya hotel yet, but am only scheduled at the Nana from 11/29-12/2. Maybe I will extend that a couple days tho if I find something of particular interest lol.

Frosty

Hi Frosty,

Don't get me wrong Pattaya is a fun place to visit. There are a ton of women, laid back, and its quite an experience. But I find the place almost too-whorish. The beaches arent great in Pattaya, its kinda dirty for my tastes.. I still like it, but I just prefer Bangkok. In Bangkok I like the clubs/ discos more. I live in NYC/philly and just enjoy the city atmosphere. I also like to dabble with the non pros as well. And there are none of those in Pattaya. I just find there are more things to do. I don't know if its too late , but there are better choices in my opinion than the NANA hotel. The majestic suites or the new Majestic grand are similiarly priced, and I think much nicer. I do like however the Nana disco in the hotel. good freelance place. I prefer Phuket to Pattaya for the same reasons.. first off Phuket is a great island, and some of the best beaches in the world. Its laid back, fun, and still have a great nightlife. If you happen to stay in Bangkok past the December 2, let me know. I may go to Pattaya for a couple days, and take a flight from Pattaya to Phuket. Im just not sure yet. Have a great time!

I see... I might very well share those feelings then.

I live in Tulsa now, but I grew up in Portland, Oregon and spend a good amount of time in Dallas... and I suppose I prefer the GFE action more than the instant action... and I do love clubs. There are none to speak of in Tulsa (just a couple really good bars, but no good night clubs), but there are plenty in Dallas, and I frequent them as often as I can lol (as much as I work, thats not much ;()

As to the Nana... I chose that place due to popular opinion lol. I think the statement went something like "You may not ever want to stay there again, but you just HAVE to on your first visit" lol.... That intrigued me enough to reserve it lol.

I might just extend my Bkk stay a couple days... I have a fairly flexible schedule this trip, so I can go wherever the wind blows me. We shall see :)

Will keep this thread active tho, and will PM you with my info if I will be in bkk after the 2nd - I wouldnt mind knowing (ok, well knowing OF) another Yank while I'm out there... I am making this trip kinda blind and deaf - never been there, dont know a single person there and dont speak the language lol. Will be an interesting experience :)

Frosty

Frosty,

I've been living in Pattaya for the past 5 years, and know the nightlife pretty well. So if you wanna hook up for a night or two while you're here, I'd be happy to show you around. Fridays or Saturdays work best for me. PM or reply in this topic if you're interested.

Eyebee,

Sounds like a plan!

My current plan is to arrive in Pattaya on the 2nd (saturday) at around 6pm or so. Maybe sooner even, as I am sure hotel checkout is sometime before noon... and after I leave that hotel I dont want to hang around bkk with 2 suitcases lol. Will probably hire a taxi to Pattaya, so I may show up around 2pm or so.

Will be there until at least the 10th... I am staying until the 13th, but may go back to Bkk for the last 2 days or so, depending on where I find the action that suits me best... we shall see :)

I will update this thread from my hotel when I arrive, and will PM you my room info in Pattaya when I get there.

Frosty

I arrive in BKK on the 2nd staying at the MS. Staying 4-5 days then headed to Pattaya or Phuket? Booked the RG on the 11th in Pattaya.

I like Phuket over Pattaya too. But haven't booked it yet. Playing it by ear. I do want to do the pub run with the on line guys in Patts on one of the Thursdays.

Drop me a line and I'll meet for cold one if were in the same area.

Archived