mobile phone with antenna connection

gettingno

Does anybody know a mobile phone which I can connect to a rooftop antenna? Since I got no signal in a issan village this would be the only solution.

My siemens phone (c35i) which I use in europe has such a connection at the backside but unfortunately this phone can not be "chipped or tuned" in bangkok.

I disagree with the car kit option as there is no signal prevalent and the car kit does not allow you to point the ariel in the direction of the nearest cell (Which must be within 13 miles (@20km) or you can forget it anyway!)

- better to spend a little more cash and get a decent tv size ariel. I put one on a 60 foot pole and now have 5 bar signal instead of the occaisional 1/2 bar.

thanks for the replies. On my mororola phone I use right now something like a inductionloop (don't know the right word) which I can slip over the antenna of my phone and than connect it to the roofantenna. I went from a no signal to a 2 bar signal but during rain the signal is again zero.

@AussieDoug: I also think the car kit is no solution. I had to point my roofantenna (or ariel) in the excact direction of the next cell.

I have the same problem too in the country side in Souththailand. My Darling and me have different Motorola Handys and a small signal by our house. So we bought an 4 meter special antenna. We put the cable from the big antenna in our handys. Then our neighbour and mee try it out and walked around, but the signal was same small as before.

So i went back to the shop and give the antenna back. Money came back to my pocket too.!

But now since some weeks the signal is seems little stronger and what i know is that the mobile company will take more stationary antennas around in the countryside all over in Thailand in the next times. tongue.gif" border="0

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Mentors ]

Hi!

If it is the GSM system you better check the distance to the nearest antenna before you purchase a large roof top antenna. The theoretical maximum distance for a GSM connection is approximately 35 km.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. For those who don't understand the metrical system divide by 1.609 and you will get it in miles.

Archived