KSC Internet - Pile of absolute crap !!!!!

Phil:

Just had a thought. Many times ISP's have different modems on different phone lines. I'm dialing 029822000 and have not experienced a dropped line yet. I've been connected as long as six hours in a row. I'm on at all times of the day.

Hope you have better luck in whatever you use!

<<burp>>

quote:

Samart was by far the worst. 7 baht/hour only between midnight and 8am or whatever. Otherwise 11 baht/hour or some such. Dropped calls, invalid username verification (though it works an hour or two later) and slow connect speeds.

In two years of use I can't remeber a dropped call although have occasionally got invalid username problem first try. The price for the prepaid cards is between 700 and 800 baht 100 hour cards have 10 bonus hours and thats 24 hours a day.

quote:

Posted by Bill

While I was in BKK, I tried about four different services including KSC...they ALL were terrible.

I suspect that the Thai infrastructure may be the biggest problem as the phone lines are ancient and held together with chicken wire and gecko spit.

LMAO Classic Bill....absolute classic

quote:

Posted by Gummigut

Just had a thought. Many times ISP's have different modems on different phone lines. I'm dialing 029822000 and have not experienced a dropped line yet. I've been connected as long as six hours in a row. I'm on at all times of the day.

Yes, one thing I always did with CS internet was dial up different numbers and this seemed to work quite well.

I'm using KSC again at the moment (there can't be that many people on the net at 7.15 in the morning) but it's still slow and doesn't do any of the more complex things like video at all.

KSC internet - never again!!!!

Hi Phil,

My Ksc connection is working really well 90% of the time, Could it be your phone line is not very good or clear ??. , Have you ever had a good connection at your place with any other Isp ??

I had a problem with my phone lines in Bangkok as there was a lot of static and dropped connections to the internet regularly no matter what ISP I was using.Telecom Asia came round to my place, tested the lines and fixed the problem for free. I have tried most of the ISP's and Ksc works the best at my place in Bangkok but in Phuket Ksc is not so good and that's another story.

Racha,

Actually Racha I've never really had a great connection so it could be time to check the phone line. I know you said you had a great KSC connection and I really think it's the luck of the draw. Some people swear by Loxinfo and I found them poor and people hate CS Internet but they are still the best I've used.

I tried to call you last week Racha but couldn't connect with your mobile. Drop me an e-mail if there's been any developments but give me a call anyway.

See you at the Londoner if I don't hear from you.

Fatbastard:

This is in regards to Samart. I'm using Samart Connect. I'm looking at the back of the packaging. It is 7 baht/hour between midnight and noon. Between noon and midnight it is 11 baht/hour. I think that's how they can say 100 hours for 700 baht but how many people really use dial-up between midnight and noon?

If you read the packaging on the inside, if you do not go onto their site and register, you will be charged a flat 10 baht/hour.

I find this slightly deceptive and on principle alone I will not use Samart again.

<<burp>>

I use Inet which is 10 Baht an hour off peak. I have it on my Notebook running Windows 98 and have never had a dropped line. I have it on my desktop running Windows ME and am constantly annoyed by dropped lines.

However when I pick up the 'phone the line is still connected to the ISP!

This leads me to think it's the Windows Software that is crappy not the ISP service.

Check your connection by picking up the 'phone next time the line drops. Anyone else having this problem with ME?

Archived