Your top-3 football teams?

Zaad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find one. Looked on line and the Vitesse site is in dutch (limbo, HELP!). They are rarely on tv here except sometimes in highlights so I look for eredivisie highlights and I always look for their results after Arsenal's. If I could see them more often I'd have a stronger bond.

What's your Villa tale? And were you brought up a Benfica fan or you adopted them?

Let me quote myself instead ;)

Benfica - heard lots of old stories from my dad who lived near the stadium, watched the games, talked about glory days, Eusebio, etc etc.. So I kinda mended into it.

PSV - I grew up in Holland so this Dutch team with fantastic players such as Romario, v. Breukelen, Pfolsen, Vanenburg, Lerby etc.. chose me.

Aston Villa - The countless computer games back in the old MSX and then Amiga days had football games with EPL only. In order to increase the competition I chose a club outside the (then) big three (man u, liv, ars)... so Villa it was and started following them in the real world.

Villa get stuffed by Man City tonight...... :rotl::mooning::rotfl:

City couldn't win the lottery if they bought the only ticket.......

and Benfica will be humilated next Week at OT....... :chili:

Oi Limbo.........

good to see Vitesse doing well the last 2 Games....... :grinyes:

my 3 Teams.......

MU.

Cowdenbeath.

Havant Ambulance Station.........who i played for in a local League many moons ago.

we played Friendlies for a couple of Years and then decided to enter the League.

32 Games played and 32 lost........ :doah:

we scored 3 Goals all season and i scored 2 of them.......... :yay::elephant:

over 1/2 of our squad were over 40 and playing against teenagers but just had fun.........we never played together again after that Season.

i'll never forget the late,great Eddie Castle.

57 Years old and took no nonsense from the young whippersnappers.

he was a cross between Stiles,J.Charlton,Norman 'break youe Legs' Hunter and 'Chopper' Harris.

Nobody enjoys a home loss.. still going strong though and taking what's available to us into account we're doing remarkably well :cool:

Benfica are in it until the final groupstage games, not many believed that would happen. Very proud of my boys!!! ...but I understand you get a hard-on from talking trash about smaller clubs. That's what I would expect from Man Poo fans. (do I sound like Stevo or what? :D )

you know i just like a bit of fun......

of course i talk about MU winning,would you expect anything else?.

but the Portugese have a habit of beating us lately when it mattered......not nice.

i will be happy with a 0-0 which will take us through.

MU are playing well in the PL and started at a great pace in the CL.

but the last 2 Games against lesser Teams (i still think Celtic are not as good as they think and would only be a mid-table Team if they entered the PL) have put our chances of qualifying on a knife-edge once again......

There's definitely hope here and .. football is a funny old game ;)

I think we'll play a defensive first half and try to start the 2nd half with a 0-0 scoreline. Then play more to the opponent's goal and give Man U as little time as possible to search for an equalizer :up:

last Season was a disaster for MU.

but after our great start to the Compie it was expected they wouls qualify easily.......not the case though.

but i will make you a promise.......

if MU win i will not glorify in the win...... :nono:

i might mention it but will only end the post with :):cool: :grin: :p:devil::neener::grinyes::applause::beer::elephant::chili::worship::yay::spin::tophat::wave::spank::soccer::ghost::monkey::mooning::_party::rotl:

and i would expect you to do the same....... :beer:

Archived