telecom asia adsl and modem

whosyourdaddy

Was at telecom asia the other day and picked up some info on broad band internet in thailand

They have a few deals which seem great

First is the cable modem. (TAcablemodem) and the costs for a 256/128 are 2240B/ month. If you sign up for 12 months you get a free modem

The other once are TAEXPRESS which I presume are ADSL. they have 2 packages. 128/64 for about 1300B per month and 128/64 for about 2200B per month ( sorry can find the price sheet)

The best part about this is THERE IS NO CONNECTION FEE. so If you are one the internet 3x a day and pay the 5B phone connection charge you would be paying the same as adsl for your 56K modem internet.

The "deal" says it is only until the end of the month. But I can see it continuining?

But has anyone tried this yet. Do you get the advert bar from asianet at the bottom of the page the same as click ta.

Can anyone get clickta to work with windows xp?

I would try it if I could. Especially the 1300 baht deal looks good. I have about 800 baht a month for telephone connection for internet alone, so would gain when considering also my ISP charges. Unfortunately only available for people with telecom asia telephone (beginning with 6 and up, I think)

quote:

Originally posted by choopthai:

I would try it if I could. Especially the 1300 baht deal looks good. I have about 800 baht a month for telephone connection for internet alone, so would gain when considering also my ISP charges. Unfortunately only available for people with telecom asia telephone (beginning with 6 and up, I think)

Thanks for the infor.I have a telecom asia 6XXXXXXX number now but would like to move apartements will keep that under consideration

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

Was at telecom asia the other day and picked up some info on broad band internet in thailand

They have a few deals which seem great

First is the cable modem. (TAcablemodem) and the costs for a 256/128 are 2240B/ month. If you sign up for 12 months you get a free modem

The other once are TAEXPRESS which I presume are ADSL. they have 2 packages. 128/64 for about 1300B per month and 128/64 for about 2200B per month ( sorry can find the price sheet)

Can anyone get clickta to work with windows xp?

I have been using TA cable-modem for a month now, and I am really pleased with it. Haven?t had a single down-period, and the bandwith is up to specs. The connection out of Thailand also is really good, much better than I had hoped for.

They provide you with an Askey cable-modem, but no software for WinXP. Though I guess you could find drivers on the net.

Paillote

quote:

Originally posted by Paillote:

I have been using TA cable-modem for a month now, and I am really pleased with it. Haven’t had a single down-period, and the bandwith is up to specs. The connection out of Thailand also is really good, much better than I had hoped for.

They provide you with an Askey cable-modem, but no software for WinXP. Though I guess you could find drivers on the net.

Paillote

Do you need a telecom asia phone line with the cable modem??????????????????

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

Do you need a telecom asia phone line with the cable modem??????????????????

Well, you don't need any phone-line, but you must live in an area where you can connect to UBC-cable TV. Some of these cables service TV only, so the easiest thing is to call Telecom Asia and ask if they can service your apartment. For further detail look http://www.asianet.co.th/

Paillote

Archived