Looking past UCLA

Neo

USC just beat a good team, they have the relief of rising to #2, they are in good form, they blew out UCLA last year, everyone it talking about the championship game. But wait, they still have to beat UCLA, it's not a formality. I hope Pete gets them up for this game...it's ripe for an upset.

Then it's about 5 weeks of boredom until the big game 2nd week of January, yawn.

Well well well, there you have it. USC fizzled and died just as I feared. I predict a split in the polls where Florida gets #2 & #3. Michigan has a more solid and convincing season. Florida had many squeakers against no name teams. They did however play 4 ranked teams and won 3. And sometimes people like to look at what you have done lately and Michigan had a loss and Florida has rattled off 6 wins in a row. Michigan I suspect will get #2 in the BCS even though I would rather see OSU play someone new.

I also don't think OSU is as invincible as they seem. Who have they played that's good outside the big 10? Just Texas and that win sent them to #1. But since then Texas has proven not to be such a great team unlike last years championship and dropped their last 2 games. OSU has proven they are the class of the big 10, but haven't been fully tested for outright #1. Another reason I'd like to see them play someone else.

A huge clue that something was gonna happen was that I heard the vegas line went from USC -14.5 to -4.5 by game time. I don't have to tell anyone who bets on sports how much money....how much BIG money it takes to take 10 points off the line. The whales go it right.

Archived