Digital Film Developing

stumpy

Developed? From digital? Do you mean you want to get them transfered to prints or slides? Or do you just want them downloaded from memory and emailed or ftp'ed somewhere?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Hi!

stump_dog

In Pattaya there is an internet cafe on Beach Rd. that does that according to their signs outside.

In BKK I dont know but there must be coresponding internet cafes and probably computer shops. Maybe Pantip Plaxa would be worth a try.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I think this has been discussed before. Maybe a search would be in order.

stump_dog,

I have a Olympus digital camera with "smart media" memory chips. I can take these to a local camera shop here in the USA and print just the pictures I like. I can also plug into my computer and also print from my printer. I'm not sure if there are place in Bkk, but I sure you will have places in the UK. I take extra memory with me and didn't worry about it till I got back home. Also I would scroll thru my viewer and delete the bad pictures to save memory to take more. I also took my 35mm with me, but I got the better pictures on my digital. Also when I got home I had the pictures transfered from my memory chips to CDs. I think someone mentioned that you could have this done in Bkk, transfered to CDs or 3 1/2 floppy disc.

Good luck,

LeoTex

stump_dog,

I have a Olympus "D-460 Zoom" model. Yes I'm very pleased with the results I get. Many features, it came with a 8mb chip. I picked up a few 32mb just to have plenty of back up. I think I paid $249 (US) and got a free rebate for a "card reader writer" so I can download the chip to my computer without using my camera. They also have a printer that you can purchase that will accept the smart media chip, and you can view on your TV and print the pictures you like on your Olympus printer.

The only down down side is the cost of printing pictures. you can develop 35 mm film here for about 4"X6" for about .20 each. The cost for digital prints here are about .60 each. The cost would be a little cheaper if you had your own printer. Even on your computer printer with photo paper and ink the cost is still higher than film. I think the best feature, is being able to download and send thru email.

Hope this helps. Also I don't work for Olympus, at the time the best buy for your dollars.

LeoTex

Archived