Street Party

Nervous_Dog

On ething I like about Thailand which I fear will soon disapear is the social events.

These include the common now, but in the future not so common street party and movie nights.

Even in Bangkok, and the photos here are from around the corner from Fortune Town, there are still outdoor movie nights.

It's hard to know when they will happen, so when we came home from car shopping, we heard that there was going to be a street movie theatre around the corner.

So off we went, I don't mind if Jing-Joe is late to school as long as she has a good cultural excuse.

You can see from the photo's that the street is a typical bangkok soi. It is mostly Thai Chinese, so when I walked up the top end, the "Management Team" asked me to sit.

I bought 3 bottles of beer and donated 500 baht to the "Fund" no idea where it goes but they had 5 accountants doing the books!

So they invited me to sit down with them.

Very nice people, and when one tapped the table in typical KMT fashion I askedd him if his father was KMT. He was, no surprice there but it mae us all closer given I'd worked for the KMT also in Taiwan.

The committee managed to raise 140 000 baht for the King, and we discussed the problems of wives not wanting husbands to have Mia Nois!

If you ever get the chance to go to one of these events, DO IT, it won't be around for ever.

All in all a very interesting night, one that will probably disapear in years to come, glad Jing-Joe can say to her children "I remember . . . . "

DOG

You look very similar to my build, ND :)

I like to call it 'stocky'!

Im living in Taiwan at the moment, in Taichung county. These kind of parties are very common, often with huge feasts and fireworks etc..

Its definitely one of the highlights of living here

Archived