Gyms

hooky

Three months into a fitness campaign, I'm wanting to keep it going when over in Thailand shortly. Can anyone reccomend a gym in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok and also in Pattaya? If it has added 'eye candy' value then all well and good!

And yeah, yeah I know you get all the exercise you need between the sheets!

Many thanks..

H.

Guest lazyphil

cant help you however,care to share details on your fittness program/regeime??!!.....be nice to hear another perpective on things, i'm a year in on my fittness/well being program :help:

Fitness first is all over..they are supposed to be good and are on lower Sukhumvit, i think it is in/under the Landmark hotel...i'll check that out for you tho'...eye candy is everywhere...that's not a problem.

Three months into a fitness campaign, I'm wanting to keep it going when over in Thailand shortly. Can anyone reccomend a gym in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok and also in Pattaya?

Hooky -

Every large hotel in Bangkok has a gym.

If you are staying at one of those, your problem is solved.

If you are staying in a budget hotel or guest house without a gym, then just find the nearest large hotel.

Most of them allow day use of their gym ... for a fee, of course.

Just ask at the gym reception desk.

Day use means all day and includes swimming pool.

If you wish, you could work out in the morning and then swim and nap around the pool in the afternoon.

Most hotels offer "room service" to the pool, too.

Select a table under an umbrella and enjoy your lunch there.

Makes for a very nice day.

The day use fee is likely to be somewhere around 300-600 baht.

If you are planning to be here for a few weeks, you may be able to negotiate a lower rate for pre-payment of a set number of days.

The best gym I have ever seen in Bangkok is at the Ascott Serviced Apartments on Sathorn Road, near Chongnonsi Skytrain station.

But that's rather far off Sukhumvit.

I don't know about their day use policy.

A very nice, but small, gym, is inside the Emporium Office building, right at Phrom Phong station on the skytrain Sukhumvit line.

The gym is new and well-equipped, just small.

The pool is magnificent.

To get there, walk around to the West side of the Emporium and enter at the "Emporium Suites" lobby.

Elevators require a key card, so you'll need to ask a guard to allow you access to the "fitness" floor.

When you get off the elevator, walk outside and turn left -- through a garden of grass and trees.

Keep walking and you will come to the swimming pool.

The fitness room is behind the pool.

It's an oasis of peace and greenery in the middle of Bangkok.

I don't know their day use policy.

Guest lazyphil

why not volunteer yourself on a building site as a hod carrier, climbing ladders with 30kgs of bricks on your back all day will have you fit as a butchers dog after a while!

Thanks for the help chaps.

Lazyphil - I'm just over three months into the campaign. Been going to the gym more or less every other day. A 50:50 mix of weights and CV work. I've lost over half a stone of flab and have deinitely increased muscle mass and definition. Best of all I really enjoy it. Get quite an endorphin rush afterwards! I really do want to keep it going during my planned six months in Thailand.

Just back from six days pike fishing in Ireland (another common interest we share I think?). The longest spell I have had without a visit to the gym since I started. Itching to get back to it tomorrow..

Cheers all..

H.

Archived