Mobiles beginning with 09

A friend has a # that starts 09??? no more problems than usual, the reception is poor at best, echos, static etc...omce in a blue moon the call doesn't go through, but that almost seems normal sometimes. The connection does seem a little better when I call from the states, not sure why.

I have found a lot of cell phone service to be pretty poor in LOS, is one service better than the others for receptions, and is one type of phone better then the others, in terms of recption? Any suggestions on prepaid service, and prices for a good phone would also be appreciated.

Re-09 numbers. I've just got one and the only problem that I've found is that on two occasions calling UK, the signal just faded away after a minute or so. Maybe just poor relay from Pattaya. Could be the Earth spins faster than the signal travels!! lol.

Hippie,

I'm on my third Nokia in 12 months, (2 stolen)

I can recommend the Nokia 3310 and the price should drop further as the 3330 has just been released here.

No difference in the 2, AFAIK. same size weight etc. A 3310 will set you back around 6700B at present + the sim card and credit.

AIS (one-2-call) aftersales service is crap,

I have been to the service center at the WTC 6 times and called twice just to get the voicemail and balance check changed to English.

Im still waiting!

Reception all over Thailand is good.

Overall I'd have to say one2call is the best of a bad bunch..... I might be tempted to wait for Orange (UK) to start up in late December.

Good luck laugh.gif" border="0

• 5 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Blackie:

If you have an 09 or 08 mob, have you been able to RECEIVE overseas calls and O/S text messages?

Blackie,

I bought a Phillips mobile phone in Nov 2001 from a shop in MBK, with a 09 phone prefix, and AIS and 1-2 Call Service. The phone worked fine around Bangkok. However, I could not receive calls from overseas. The 1-2 Call website says you cannot receive international calls on their system.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks,

Shotover

Archived