Christmas in Pattaya

New Petchburi Pete

I've been checking out various venues for dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Pattaya.

The best traditional (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy & cranberry sauce) buffet/carvery seems to be at Jameson's or Shenanigan's. The buffets include soup, appetizers, salad, breads, with carvery featuring turkey, ham, etc. (plenty of veggies) plus desserts. Jameson's is by far the better decorated restaurant with a very festive atmosphere; and, to me at least, the list of appetizers seems more appealing. The price for the buffet dinner is 1,450. Bt/person, with children under 12 (?) free. Shenanigan's is priced at 1500. Bt/each.

The highest end deal being offered that I know about is the "Country Christmas" Holiday buffet party at the Dusit Resort's "The Point," with live country music by two well known Thai country music stars (Chantana Kittiyapan & Suda Chuenbarn). There will also be live musical shows by Honey Bees and Acromagic. Santa Claus will also make an appearance to give gifts to the kids. The price for this one is 4,400. Bt/adult and 2,200. Bt. for children 5-12 years of age.

Other venues like the Hard Rock (restaurant), the Sportsman's Inn and the Pig & Whistle have set dinners with an average price of about 950. Bt/person. Other restaurants, etc. are having special Christmas dinners, so check The Pattaya mail and other local newspapers. Wherever you go, or even if you eat at home, I wish you a very "Merry Christmas" and a "Happy New Year."

I really like Shenannigans, the area in the back is just too cozy. Too funny, i never had anything else then Thai Food. Their Tom Yam Ghung is making addictive :)

The Sportsman Inn is next door to me, and a German Bistro on the same spot - never been to both - too close to my condo - want to walk a little.

I will have christmas with 15 people at Mantra at the Amari Resort ( CLICK FOR IMAGE GALLERY )

We have a table for 20 people and order a special 5 coarse menue with a lot of Turkey/Christmas Goose and Giant fishes (You have had a christmas goose with dumplings? the gravy is 80% fat and 20% water, I think it is polish or a german dish, once in a year you can eat that, it is amazing)

However, feel free to invite yourself and PT me, meet 4 bar owners and their No1. Showgirls, some business men and some very good friends of mine. Everyone is good people!

Thanks for the invitation! What's the price tag?

We are still undecided for Christmas as the Pastor of my Parish wants us to attend a family oriented Christmas party & dinner at 6pm. There's a neighborhood birthday party in my development on the 23rd and on Christmas Eve we're having a few friends (and neighbors) over.

Hey, there seems to be enough board members now living in Pattaya that maybe it's time to have a get together meeting similar to what the guys have up in BKK at Gullivers' on friday nights ??

... maybe on a regular or semi-regular basis ??

Any volunteers up for organizing such a gathering ?? ... I know there's another Gullivers' (clone) on Beach Rd.; but, in no way am I suggesting this as a meeting place! ?? any ideas/suggestions ??

Archived