Digital Camera / Converter

Just got a digital camera and am wondering: do I need to bring a converter from 220 to 110v for my battery charger. Is everything in Thailand 220 like in europe. Also will I be able to easily upload my photos or have them put onto disc like I can at a Kinko's here in the US? My camera operates from a TWAIN source, so I don't think any special software will be required....it should be able to transfer from windows imaging, right?

Thanx crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by intrepidtravlr:

Just got a digital camera and am wondering: do I need to bring a converter from 220 to 110v for my battery charger. Is everything in Thailand 220 like in europe.
:confused:

If your camera didn't come with a manual you should at least be able to look on the transformer and see what the acceptable range of input voltage is. In the event that the transformer can accept 220V AC you would be wise purchase an adapter so that you can fit your (=) or (.=) plug into the ( :) or (-=) receptacles that are common in Thailand.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Adik Gede ]

As previosly posted your charger should specify the input voltage range it supports. Look for an item on the data label something like *Input: 110v ~ 220v AC*.

As far as uploading is concerned then this can be more of a problem. Your camera is the TWAIN source, you must have your interface cable plus the appropriate TWAIN driver loaded on the computer, only then will any image software be able to connect to your camera and grab the images.

As an alternative there are a number of converters or adapters available that are designed to take the memory card from your camera and insert it into a USB port or the diskette drive. The latter would be the best bet as long as they do not require any drivers to be loaded onto the PC. I know they exist (I've seen plenty advertised) but as I have not been in the market for one so I haven't really researched them.

Hope that helps.

Gromit

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: gromit ]

Archived