"Be warned: the new government is out to stop sex tourism"

Chanchao

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the government asks themselves why the tourism has increased and why so many people come to play golf! So what does the balc empowerment do? Play golf, eat and sleep? Yeah right!!!

I am so incredibly sick of these pretenders, these fucking numb nuts who are in charge right now! Quality tourists! How can you say that even in public. It is fucking racist, derogating to all whore mongers who carried in their money and made this country a tourist attraction over decades. If there weren't so many sex tourists we would have not even the half of the hotels, bars, restaurants. The Thai Airways fleet would be very small and the new airport would be nothing but a dream.

They are arrogant dickheads, the new immigration is blocking the entire real estate market, it is slowing down contruction and even worse, hard working thais loose their jobs!

If they really try to shut down the current night life in the next years, what will the girls do? The government gives a crap about them, they won't give them a compensation. It really makes me sick what is happening and beeing said since after the coup!

Sorry for all the harsh words, it is a boiling post and i dont wanna hide it!

When I'm in Thailand I use the money I have. I do not use them on prostitution, so it goes to other kind of business. It's perfectly valid to want more of the other kind of business and less of prostitution that carry a heavy price.

I know people that do not go to Thailand because of the visablity of prostitution. If it were significantly reduced they might go there using their money, building up a better economy than the present.

When I'm in Thailand I use the money I have. I do not use them on prostitution, so it goes to other kind of business. It's perfectly valid to want more of the other kind of business and less of prostitution that carry a heavy price.

You are married to a Thai Woman, I assume she comes with you. I am also sure you have spent your money on thai prostitues before you met your wife! If not I aplogize for a wrong assumption!

I know people that do not go to Thailand because of the visablity of prostitution. If it were significantly reduced they might go there using their money, building up a better economy than the present.

...and the most of them carried their money to the bars at least a few times. Everyone has a look at this scene, some come back and some don't. a large majority of single men takes the offer which is given to him in the nightlife! Try to pack the hotels with families only, try to sell a condo or a house to families or people who just come for business or recreation without any kind of prostitution! Impossible!!!

If you stop prostition you stop the majority of tourists from coming. A transformation of the country would take many years. Would prostitution really stop? Never ever! It would just be more hidden and more illegal as it is right now! The girls had no income anymore. Spending power in the poverty areas would drop to almost zero. How is that good for the people? Hoes is that good for the economy? Tourism is the strongest leg they country stands on, from exporting rice the country cant survive. Sex tourists would rather go to Manila then returning to Thailand which would be packed with street hookers if these changes would be made.

Thailand has made great progress in the last couple of years, getting rid off the people who helped the country with their money is a step back. When there are girls involved the men simply spend more money! One who was spending 2000 USD in 2 weeks will spend about the half of it because he doesn't spend it on girls. They give the money directly into thai hands when they are with a girl, that is thai spending power, it helps the people up country to buy things which good for the buy and the seller. You stop that process you will create gigantic problems. Desperate people are dangerous!

they cannot stop prostitution, but they can close sex nightspots in tourist areas.

Before, when Purachai bring the earlier closing times, all shouted, "they can't do that because the economy and these and that", but they did it without a big lost.

Money from Farang bar hoppers are not needed so much anymore as in the past.

I'm quite shure, we will see the next step on the nightlife crackdown latest at the end of the high season.

Hi,

"They give the money directly into thai hands when they are with a girl"

And that is probably the problem. The rich do not like the idea of the poor becoming more affluent.

Sanuk!

That is what I have said so many times! Thailand is full of people who only care about how they lok on the outside, if the gap between them and the poor is shrinking then what they have is worth less!

Noone gets rich from nothing - they run some sort of business, they obviously don't see that thais who have more money spend more more money on their products, restaurants, hotels or whatever they sell!

People in Thailand are so nice but yet so narrow minded.

Take away the money from the parents of the BGs and you can watch this country running into a giant stand up or revolution. If no money is spent on the markets the vendor has no money to buy or produce products. It is a matter of 6 months when you go to the market and have nothing to buy. People will go back to food exchange and the governemnt gets nothing!

Before, when Purachai bring the earlier closing times, all shouted, "they can't do that because the economy and these and that", but they did it without a big lost.

Khun Piumsombuns intentions were to shift the nightlife out of the capital. Don't think Thailand = BKK. The nightlife is a mini part of this city! Think about what it would do to cities like Pattaya which attracts more and more people every ear who spend solid cash on the nightlife. BKK doesn't have as much girls than just walking street + the beer bars there are about 600% more prostitues in Pattaya then in BKK (hearsay, no proof). It wouldn't hurt BKK to loose this kind of nightlife. It would just boost other cities. I doubt they crackdown Pattaya, I rather belive they outsource it exclusively to Pattaya and make it illegal anywhere else (Like USA did with Las Vegas)

While BKK can survive and get the hotels packed, a city like Pattaya would die, since there are bars everywhere they would turn into ruins and dont forget that this city is not very beautiful, some familes stay in their resorts and like it, some more spohisticated people won't like it at all, especially when there is nothing left then bar ruines. Changing the infrastructure of Pattaya would take many years, many years of tearing down, re building and dirt will NOT make the people come back again. Someone has to pay for the re-design of the city, how could they when the tourists don't come back? Think about it!

Archived