rosetta stone learning thai

belfastish

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you download it though remember you have to download both disks. I downloaded the hindi version and it just contained pictures and sounds whihc confused me. Then I found out that you need the software to play that disk. The software is universal and will work for any of the Rosseta stones disks.

Oh and once installed the program needs to think that the language disk is in a drive. Therefore you will either have to burn the language disk onto a CD or install something like alchohol 120% to make a virtual drive.

Rosetta Stone can be downloaded as a torrent. If you're downloading, you will need two parts: 1) the Rosetta Stone application (which can be used with any language pack) and 2) Rosetta Stone Thai, which is a collection of data files (sounds, images, etc.)

Some places at Panthip sell only an explorer version which only contain a sample chapter. You want to get a full version.

The application requires that the language data files are on a CD-ROM, e.i. you cannot simply copy them from the CD to your hard drive. I created an ISO image with just the data files (without the application setup). It is a relatively small file that I keep on my hard drive when I was to use it I mount it on a virtual CD drive, using e.g. Alcohol 120%.

Regarding the quality of instruction, I know one person who swears by it. Most others, including myself, don't care much for Rosetta Stone. I much prefer full-lenght audio courses such as FSI Thai and Linguaphone.

Archived