korat

wordchild

Big tip: Dont stay there too long!

Its a bit boring no real bar scene as Bangkok etc. Most of the bars are Thai type bars. There is a few places to go for a beer, one is the Bule saloon which is a bar/rest with a live band and there are some others near by.

If any one else has better places i would be interested in knowing as I go there a couple of times a year.

Agree with above. A few massage joints and joints mainly for Thais. A "club" in the basement of the Sofitel is good...lots of good-looking hostesses fo take out. There's a board for farangs that will give you better info, but I can't remember it. It was posted here fairly recently in response to a similar request for info and will give you a better idea of the lay of the land.

HH

• 5 weeks later...

Hugh, I think the Sofitel with the hostesses in the basement is in Khon Kaen. If there is one in Korat too it would make the place a hell of a lot more interesting. I seem to remember there is a hostess bar in the Sima Thani in Korat, but my one visit suggested it is nowhere near as good as Cleo's Bar in The Sofitel, Khon Kaen. Happy hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived