pay your bills at 7/11

I would like to live in Bangkok without having a thai bank account because I like to keep things simple. I was pleasantly surprised when a thai told me that you can pay utility bills like electricity and UBC at 7/11's. As 7/11's are on about every street corner, this seems even easier than dealing with mailing out checks. Pretty neat to me and I thought I would share this tidbit.

Isn't one of the restrictions that the bill cannot be "late" otherwise it must be paid at the office of the company directly???

Also, I thought there was a SMALL (a few bahts) charge for this payment option??

All in all, since 7-11's are soooo frequent this is a great option! Plus I can't seem to find anyone (short of my employer) who will take a Thai bank check (from TFB)...

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

I can't comment on late bills, but I do have first hand knowledge that there is not a single baht added to the bill. Just show them your bill & hand over the baht and you are done. They also give you a receipt.

Racha--

I also found this out when going with a friend to pay his power bill.. even if it's one day late you must go to the companies offices to pay!.. At least there is no added charge for these types of payments (made to acceptance merchants)

--UPSer

Just a comment. Do not forget to pay your bills. I neglected to do it for a few months with the telephone I had in an apartment that was not being used. Although the debt only reached about 600 baht, they discontinued the service completely. Installing it set me back about 20,000 baht at the time (now much cheaper to replace luckily), so be careful when getting some message to pay your bill before a certain date.

Hi,

"but I do have first hand knowledge that there is not a single baht added to the bill."

Are you sure? I am fairly certain that there is a 10 Baht service charge.

I paid two phonebills at a paypoint (it was not at 7-11, but same deal) and paid an extra 20 Baht. 10 for each bill.

Sanuk!

Archived