LD phone solutions

I was wondering what methods some of you guys living in the kingdom use for long distance phone calls. Do you use phone cards or a LD carrier?

I'll be staying in LOS for an indefinite amount of time and it is INTEGRAL that I have a CLEAR LD connection to the US and such. I'm willing to sacrifice cost if it means a solid connection, but would like to see what kind of set up is out there. Thanks guys.

I've used my mobile phone and calling cards to get the connection. The calling cards are a hassle because of all the numbers you need to dial and the fact that you're never sure if you'll get the connection. My cell phone (DTAC) is a few baht more per call but gets surprisingly good clear reception, provided you're stationary when you call. If you're moving around, it is definetely not stable but still pretty reliable.

thanks lamock, but I'm kinda looking for phone options on a land line type of set up. I figure dialing directly would cost an arm and a leg unless you have some kind of LD carrier(ie. MCI, AT&T, or some thai equivalent).

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: tyler durden ]

Try and ask someone with a direct land line from TA or something. My landline has to go through my buildings PBX system (least that is what I think) and the connection SUCKS. My modem will max connect at 32k and usually 28k. My friend normally dials up at 52k to the same numbers. The static on my landline is incredibly loud and pervasive.

Ditto on the DTAC. I had very clear international calls from a DTAC cell. I live on the 20th floor though (not many buildings taller than that in BKK, especially around me). Don't remember the cost but usually I was receiving calls from clients so it was moot.

<<burp>>

Archived