Mobile Phone Prices

As I will be travelling in and out of LOS quite frequently and in 2002 be moving there i was wondering on the prices of mobile phones. Can any of you guys help me with prices and models of them, Cheers

mitch

In Kazakhstan and f@*king freezing

Old hippie --

AIS does offer a rental option.. You can (with a credit card deposit) get a mobile at the airport upon arrival and drop it off back at the airport before leaving.. open 24hrs.. Not really cheap per se, but no hassels.. everything billed to your cc..

Info on this option is on the AIS site

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

AIS do a prepaid called 1-2-call The SIM Card is around the 3000B range which includes 1-2000B of calls., you can top up as and when necessary. If you come over 2-3 times a year well worth it. AIS seems to have the best coverage. One of my friends got another companies card, I forgewt the name, and is forever cursing becaus the signal is allways dropping out.

quote:

Originally posted by mitch:

As I will be travelling in and out of LOS quite frequently and in 2002 be moving there i was wondering on the prices of mobile phones. Can any of you guys help me with prices and models of them, Cheers

mitch In Kazakhstan and f@*king freezing

Hi Mitch, Need anyone to fill your spot in Kazakhstan? smile.gif" border="0

I bought a Phillips mobile phone at a shop on floor 4 in Mahbookong last month with number (09-xxxxxxx) and 2000 baht of time (400 minutes) for 3,700 baht. The phone was 1,700 baht and the other 2000 baht was for the time. It is on AIS system with a 1-2 call sim card.

It works fine in Thailand, but I could not receive calls from overseas on it. I don't know if it is the phone (Phillips) or the AIS 1-2 call system and card.

Shotover

shotover,

Don't think you'd like it here mate. To f**king cold. -10 daytime going down to -30 nightime. I'd much prefer to be in LOS but it will have to wait till April i suppose.

mitch

p.s. thanks for all the info guys

Mitch.

I bought Siemens A40 for 4800baht which included 1400"deposit" on monthly billing. Fine for overseas, and bought GF Siemens A35 on 1-2-call for 3900 1ncludes 1600baht free time on call cards. Receives from UK but need international phone card to make calls out. Both from Big C complex in Pattaya.

Both quite basic but seem to work fine so far. Mike P.

Archived