Where can Sony Superslim Vaios be found?

steffi

Looking a buying a smaller notebook. I currently use a Thinkpad a21p and need something a tad smaller. Where in Bangkok can one find or view the Sony Superslim Vaios? An alternative I guess is the Fujitsu line and perhaps even the Asus line but the Asus smaller machines have pretty dreadful keyboards IMHO.

As far as I know, Vaios aren't officially distributed in Thailand. I saw at least one place in Pantip with unofficial imports from Japan. However, there's no Thai keyboard and probably no support if something goes wrong.

I bought a new laptop a couple of months ago with small size being a major priority. I ended up with a Fujistu S series.

http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/products/lb_s4572_main.html

This is small and light, but includes an internal DVD (which can be swapped for an optional 2nd battery), whereas most ultra-portables require an external CD. I'm generally fairly happy. My only problem is some suspend/resume flakiness with Windows 2000.

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

Where in Bangkok can one find or view the Sony Superslim Vaios?

In preparation for my move to LOS, I just bought a Sony Vaio FX-370, which is larger than what you want... But I did find out that Sony's WorldWide Warrenty does NOT include Thailand. You have to send the machine to Japan for service. I ended up with Best Buy's International Warrenty instead. They take a Thai estimate on service and reimburse you the cash... At least I won't have to send the machine away for any extended period.

Good luck

CS

your much better off with the warranty, from best buy as I have had several sony F series notebooks, and a lot of problims with the machines, and the rude people at sony service! there like we got your money.. what did you do to the computer its not our problim!1 they look good..but doint work vary well...if you ask me.. and vary arrogant customer service!! frown.gif" border="0

When I was asking around Phantip for the Sony Viaos all the places told me "Sony no good, no have service centre in Thailand"

I have seen them at the duty free in Don Muang though.

Archived