Friday meetings change?

TheBelgianDog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Belgium ,

there are two major obstacles on your list :

- no parking space . : Since I recently used to take the car from Germany , I would not know where to put it .

- " plenty naked women " does not appear on your list . Is this due to the New Social Order or because you can't find any ?

Neither did I meet any boardmembers at Gulliver's when I have been there last time ; possibly due to the fact that I thought is was Friday but was indeed Thursday .

BuBi

Two that meet the specs:

1. Black Swan

2. The Players

Both within 50 meters of the Asoke BTS / Sukhumvit MRT.

Black Swan - good location, terrible decor and atomosphere and last time I was in the most miserable farang owner

The Players - new one on me

OK, if not TBD, then how 'bout:

Robin Hood at Suk & 33/1? Plenty o'parking at Villa and at the foot of the BTS stairs. Never eaten there, just drank, but it seems OK.

Livingstone's on 33? Plenty of parking at UBC II Bldg. As close to the BTS as Gullible's. Has a nice pool, decent food and a pretty nice German manager. This would be my vote.

Both would pass the wife test as Mrs Tiger (who is extremely anal about such things) likes both places a lot.

Cheers,

SD

I like the criteria list KS made but I would also had another:

- A place less likely to be bombed.

In view of the declining attendance at the meetings, along with what I observed at times in newbies who didn't know anyone (being quite uncomfortable / bored), I'd vote for some place that members might enjoy being at anyway. If there was such a place that also was a "classy joint" so KS's and member wives would feel comfortable.

One place might be CBSOL (Check In 99) on Suk, has "Eye Candy", live band, and serves as a nice restaurant.

Or maybe one of the classier "Gentleman Club" type places if one is close to the Sky Train, etc.

While *I* like CBSOL, I do think that it is an acquired taste and would not be popular with 90% of this board...

Cheers,

SD -- who always orders flaming coffee there just to piss off Twinvestor :rotfl: (ehh, it's damn tasty too)

Archived