Friday meetings change?

TheBelgianDog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a change in location would not be a bad thing. Personally I hate Gullivers, bad service and just reminds me of bars back home.

But that is not the main reason.

I have been to 3 meetings.

1st time had arranged to meet Sileakhunt and apart for him and another guy no one spoke or made an effort to speak.

2nd Sat they like a prick for an hour before anybody turned up, indroduced myself again and still nobody spoke or made an effort to include me in conversations.

3rd Time had a good conversion with KS (enjoyed that and ended up sitting there for a few hours) and again most people did not speak just grouped into clicky clubs and fucked off.

Stopped coming...and talking to a few board memebers I know personally, I am not the only one.

This is not ment to offend but I think a small venue where you can talk to management/staff and be included in conversation is a good idea. It will also make people coming to meetings for the first time feel a little more comfortable and welcome.

Give the Belgium Dog a chance and I think more people will start coming to meetings

Hi,

Fair enough comment, and one I have heard before.

In defense of us regulars though many people who show up for the first time do not get involved with the conversation either (not specifically talking about you here). Furthermore when someone walks in there is a good chance that people are already talking and I do not think they should just drop their conversation to start talking to the new arrival.

As for people grouping together, I think that due to the layout of the area that tends to happen. It is very difficult for people on opposite sides of the area to talk to each other.

Finally, a lot of the regulars have known each other for quite some time and I think it is human nature to gravitate towards a known rather than an unknown, i.e. people are more inclined to talk to friends than to (relative) strangers. Well-known board names tend to mix in quicker as well it seems.

Not saying this is right, just human nature.

So, while I certainly do not deny that what you describe happens, nor that it is detrimental to the meetings, I do think that a lot is down to 'normal' behavior and that putting 'blame' fully on the regulars is not fair.

Sanuk!

PS I really dislike having to wait around on my own as well - which is happening a lot lately. Not sure what to do about it though.

Hi,

"maybe your right...?"

Of course I am :)

Seriously though, it is hard to involve everyone in the conversation(s). Take for instance the example you made of us talking for a fairly lengthy time. If someone else would have walked in, he may have considered the both of us rude for not dropping our conversation and talking to him.

Sanuk!

Thanks for the comments and maybe your right...?

Anyway will make an effort next time in Bkk and give it another go.

Are you the guy that works at sea?

Have you a ducth girlfriend?

I think i was the other guy. Just had a flash back. I ended up blind drunk and lost my glasses in Nana.

SIleakhunt, bumbed into him about a month after it and he said hey I ve got your glasses? It all came back...

Hope you are well,

Chris.

Thanks for the comments and maybe your right...?

Anyway will make an effort next time in Bkk and give it another go.

Are you the guy that works at sea? [color:red]Yes[/color]

Have you a ducth girlfriend?[color:red]Yes' date=' unfortunetly[/color']

I think i was the other guy. Just had a flash back. I ended up blind drunk and lost my glasses in Nana.[color:red]Yep that was you, never seen a guy so pissed[/color]

SIleakhunt, bumbed into him about a month after it and he said hey I ve got your glasses? [color:red]Yep, you gave them to my wife as you had aquired beer googles and no longer needed them [/color]It all came back...

Hope you are well,[color:red]Yep, glad to hear you are still alive.. :) [/color]

Chris.

Hi,

"maybe your right...?"

Of course I am :)

Seriously though, it is hard to involve everyone in the conversation(s). Take for instance the example you made of us talking for a fairly lengthy time. If someone else would have walked in, he may have considered the both of us rude for not dropping our conversation and talking to him.

Sanuk!

I went to a few meetings. At the time I didnt post really at all so I think this had an effect on how you are perceived, naturally enough.

Nervous Dog, and DDdave spoke away to us.And I spoke to afew other guys. I think you just have to start speaking to the nearest person and see where it goes for.

I think if you post more online then people are more intrigued to meet you in person...

Archived