Friday meetings change?

TheBelgianDog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the criteria are (in no particular order):

- good (Western) food at a reasonable price

- easy access (i.e. short walking distance) from either skytrain or subway; Asoke intersection would be perfect for me

- no loud music

- able to bring my wife without her getting embarrassed/uncomfortable

- decent sized area slightly separate from the rest of the place

My mums house in Horwich, Bolton fits four of the five criteria like, if anyones up for it, I've not seen her for a while and I'm sure she'd like to meet my friends.

Cheers

Somewhere where we can have a smoke while we drink, for F's sake! :cussing:

I know... Grace Hotel Coffee Shop!! :grin:

Great we can combine sexy tarts with some nice bombings to make Life tasty for - us - adventure

seekers!

However to find a place with would not be bombed so likely, how can you do that while the bombings were mostly at random? Which place *can* be safe? No garantee to that.

Belgian Dog,

I am glad we are getting more Dogs on line. No Dogs minority anymore!

The story of your bar sounds good. Handy location. But as I understand you have sex workers in your bar so is it a place for wives? Unless they are used to their man having sexual fun.

But is it good for you to make it into a private party when members are not showing up lately? The last and first time I was there there were approx. 16 guys there. My impression was also they like the movement. Drink there, eat somewhere else, and then go hunt in several bars.

The problem is Suadam moved back to the States and as a Silverback he attracts ppl, so the meetings in Gullivers fizzled out. With no leading party animal anymore who stirring up the heat, we better appoint a new leader (a Poll?) or we send Letters from Thailand to SD fraganced with Essential Oil of Thai Pussy to lure him back...

My mums house in Horwich, Bolton fits four of the five criteria like, if anyones up for it, I've not seen her for a while and I'm sure she'd like to meet my friends.

Cheers

Obviously missing the access to Skytrain and Subway then, but at this time of year (well 30 years ago) it was any easy sledge ride down from Blackrod. Childhood memories.

Hey Mick, I was there too. Last January. Enjoyed the many stories told by both you & your wife. :beer:

Regarding the move: I preferred meeting at Woodstock over Gullivers, more intimate, less corporate. Maybe another change is appropriate now that we have a new name? It would be nice to to find a place where we feel welcomed, not simply accomodated. :twocents:

Thanks for your comment.

We have "sex workers" in the bar but they are trained enough to spot customers.

I mean quite a few board members already walked in

(to taste the burgers) and the ladies understood immediatly that they did not want company.

(the " not in the face" factor is very important to me)

This area is very laid back so you can take your boyfriend or girlfriend/wife there without problems.

About "hiring the bar" for the board's meeting even if there are no board members showing up?

Yes of course.

Now, reading what is written on the board I would say that I give up the idea of welcoming the weekly meetings as it will just fuel "flame wars"

or bring problems.

Will just say, give us a try then you will decide by yourself.

Archived