Bowl Games

Hugh_Hoy

Have kind of over-dosed on college bowl games this week...with more to come.

Kickoff for Rose Bowl about 20 minutes away...USC v. Michigan. Hopin' for a good game from both teams (with USC coming out on top :grin: )...Actually, there have been a lot of good games so far...not many blowouts. Lots down to the last possession. Like last night, Miami squeezed out a one-point win over a team I thought they would demolish (Nevada). In fact, without a couple of calls/non-calls by refs, Nevada might've won.

"Fight On" USC !

HH

I've kind of overdosed on a bit of everything the past week. :drunk:

This is the only game I really looked forward to, but I'm watching the Rose Bowl from home and I don't think I'll venture out but to stumble up the road for a decent meal after the game. New Years resolutions and all...

3-0 now...whoo hoo!

you're right...zzzzzzzzzzzz...I could've slept in another 90 minutes. Total net yardage in first half: USC 120; Michigan 75? Jeeeeeeez. SC only has about 20 yards rushing...they better open up the passing like OSU did if they want to win. Maybe the 2nd half will show some offensive results. Predictions anybody? Winner 13, Loser 10? So far, the highlight of the telecast has been about 20 seconds of the USC cheerleaders. I know in my heart that they've gotta be #1 in the country. Put em in bikini's and on poles on Soi Cowboy and you've got 5000 baht barfines !

HH

...SC only has about 20 yards rushing...they better open up the passing like OSU did if they want to win. Maybe the 2nd half will show some offensive results...

USC staff must read this board...took my advice an opened up the passing in the second half and did to Michigan what Ohio State did...light-up the scoreboard. :grin: Michigan was clearly outplayed today.

HH

Jesus, even in thailand i can't escape U$C and LaLa land...

At least you will knwo by my name where great academic institution still reside. And some things never change. U$C is great in football again and UCLA is awesome in BB again. On second thought, I will still take AD, sam the bam, OJ (guilty as sin) and ricky bell clubs over this decade versions. Ditto that with lew alcindor, sidney wicks, jamaal wilkes and the best collegiate of them all bill walton's teams over todays versions of baby bruins..

Just like in music, the era of 1965 to 1978 still rules...

CB

well the results are final , another Michigan getting crushed. Even worse , Frog Patrol was busting my balls while he was at the game via SMS , whatta prick :cool: I bought him lunch on saturday... :banghead:

Bada :drunk: Bing

Even worse than that, I heard that you two had a side-bet: if Michigan lost u had to bring him back a blow job ! :rotfl:

HH

Wooden's UCLA teams will live in infamy. Never be touched. As for current USC football, it's been back for at least 3 years now. Maybe not a dynasty, but I think maybe better balanced than some of the teams of the John McKay era. "Tail-back U" has been resurrected...only now has a real "West Coast Offense" (read passing game--to bettr balance the team). And the defense is, IMO, is more consistent.

Look for USC to be in the top 3 in the opening polls next year.

BTW, nice to see the Pac 10 not get shut out.

HH

Archived