why no recent info on Cambodia?

tb3000_us

is there a different forum, or some kind of crackdown or blackout due to attention? I'm looking for recommendations on hotels (other than the obvious), drivers, places, details. Can someone help me out w/ recent info and/or links to other places with more recent info?

If not, can someone just say what happened to slow down posts on this board? Seems like similar thing happened to delphi and before that penhball

What's up?

It just hasn't been the same with the passing of LaoHuLi.

I enjoyed my trip to Phnom Penh and meeting this fine specimen of a human being. We laughed and talked and laughed and talked some more. Ah . . the good old days . . .

The hotel did pick me up at airport with their van. Oh, it's about a 20 minute ride from airport. A few rounds went wizzing by the van. The Khmer Rouge, I guess. Nothing serious.

I met a nice Cambo/Viet gal. Yes, some Vietnamese did stay behind. Nice people.

The hotel is owned by a Cambodian ex-pat USA person from Ohio. Got out when the getting was good - and came back with a large USA wallet.

I met some interesting people on that trip. Maybe it's time for me to post under "Stories".

LaoHuLi was always wheeling and dealing. Doing or making business. It seemed to flow so effortlessly from him.

I'll go back again . . . if I am able. I have got to go back as my US $15.00 prescription glasses have broken. The ones I purchased in Phnom Penh. They fit good too . . .

Flamingo's is enjoyed by most single men, not so great for gap year couples, families and feminist's. They will pick you up at the airport free. email: info@flamingos.com.kh

If you want to stay on the river, California2 is enjoyed by many, close to the renowned FCC.

Decent walk-in rooms are always available in Phnom Phen, from guest houses to de-lux hotels. Book at Flamingos for one night to get the Airport pick-up then look around.

I realize that, but why not a board about Cambodia? There used to be Penhball, then funincambodia (or something like that), and others but for 2-3 years I haven't seen anything. Hoping someone will know of a better source for more details about the scene, places to visit other than Flamingo Hotel.

Please help if you can or let me know if there's a reason there aren't such boards any more

-TB

As an aside . . .

I spent much time just sitting at the bar at the Flamingos Hotel. Different people would come and go and I would strike up a conversation with any who were so inclined to talk.

Like anyplace, there are "regulars" who come back year after year. Then there were the first timers. All did or went someplace.

Shopping is/was excellent in Phnom Penh. There is a big "open market" not far from hotel as well as a modern 2-floor "mall" with first class grocery store. The French did a good job in designing the city. There is a local currency, but most use US Dollar. The regulars did appear to use the local currency more than the first timers.

Yes, I would like to hear more about Cambodia.

I realize that, but why not a board about Cambodia? There used to be Penhball, then funincambodia (or something like that), and others but for 2-3 years .....

FWIW...

Penhball forum still exists, covering much more than just Cambo, but it is _private_ and by invitation only. There is another board, that may be the incarnation of funincambo, called 'gentleman's club'...or something like that, but it is allegedly full of just mongers and some pedos. Not a board I'd ever care to visit!

I realize that' date=' but why not a board about Cambodia? There used to be Penhball, then funincambodia (or something like that), and others but for 2-3 years .....[/quote']

FWIW...

Penhball forum still exists, covering much more than just Cambo, but it is _private_ and by invitation only. There is another board, that may be the incarnation of funincambo, called 'gentleman's club'...or something like that, but it is allegedly full of just mongers and some pedos. Not a board I'd ever care to visit!

I can't let that go past.

Accusing any group or forum of tolerating pedos is a really serious and nasty allegation; I would suggest to you that you not make such a statement unless you goddamm well know it to be true and you can back it up.

When LaoHuLi, a greatly respected member of this and several other forums suffered a heart attack last spring, Members of THE GLOBAL GENTLEMANS CLUB

were among the first to offer assistance and contributed close to $1000 towards his care.

The members who I have met, including several who also occationally post on this forum, have all been friendly, decent guys who are great to share a beer and an evening with.

Unless you can back up that kind of slanderous statement with some kind of factual evidence, you owe them an apology.

You are right about one thing, I don't think they'd care to have you visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived