To come or not to come?

asiafun

Things have gone pear shaped and the big question now is to go to LOS or not. From a punters perspective I say yes as maybe the tourists may back away and it is likely that we may not see a repeat for a bit. The bombings are also like a lottery..to get hurt would be like 1 in a million.

This particlar trip I intend to spend a few days in BKK as well as Pattaya and would like thoughts about either.

Was there in fact anything found in Pattaya? Or was it all simply hysteria and people caught up in the moment.

What was the extent of the bombing in Chiang Mai.

There was a rumor that something was supposed to have happened in Phuket also but did not...

I looked up the IRK initials and found nothing but the other initials turned up a hit as evidenced by my link in my bombings thread post.

I'm currently planning to come in Feb of 2007. I will come regardless of these bombings. I'm unconcerned (perhaps nievly) because I know how to speak Thai and have been making trips there for the past 5 yrs.

That said, I am however nervous about the future of this country. Without the backbone of a solid government, and the continued violence of the south, I can see various violent senarios erupting...

I will continue to come, for now. I will keep an eye on Thai political, economic, and strategic developments in the future as these will be the drivers of further political upheaval.

I sincerely hope the Thai government and it's people can put aside it's pettyness and shortsightedness and make sensible dictions that will benefit Thailand in the long run.

Khoke Dee.

I'm currently planning to come in Feb of 2007. I will come regardless of these bombings. I'm unconcerned (perhaps nievly) because I know how to speak Thai and have been making trips there for the past 5 yrs.

I don't speaking Thai is going to help you. All the deaths were Thais who also spoke Thai... didn't seem to matter to the bombs!

As noted above...you were at 150 x greater risk on the Thai highways than in BKK over the holidays.

Asia fun,

Time for some tough love here...DON'T BE A FUCKING PUSSY!!!!! Sure there is danger but life is uncertain, death is not. You will die, when where and how has allready been determined, you have no say over it. As for the danger? hell's bells sailor, punting is dangerous in itself, the rip offs, the heart ache, the STDs etc...why let a little thing like a few bombs deter you?

Danger? want to stay home? you think "Oh no, I might get hurt..." Well tell that to the boys in the gulf! The boy at Iwo Jima, Gaudal Canal, and Normandy etc...sure they were scared, but god damn it they manned up when the time came, faced the danger, and did what they had to do! You sir are no different! Now it is time for you to man up, face the call, and do what must be done! You are a punter man, with a prod history behind you! Never let fear stand in the way of that Nut! It may be your last! Hell, you could die on the toilet at work, or by getting blown up in a whore house, how do you want to be remembered? For me, I'll take the bomb in the whore house! Now go make us proud Son!

Archived