Friday meetings change - the poll

khunsanuk

What are the gripes people have with Gullies ?

I think mostly the atmosphere. They try to make it feel like California and prove it by offering poor service. The food is reputed to be crap too, though I've never tried it.

The place satisfies the basic needs, but I do think the group could do better, especially if the bar management isn't taking care of them.

I've never attended a meeting at Gullible's (I've popped my head in a couple of times), but in the main room I've had to wait waaaaay too long for my drinks, and I don't like that. :drunk:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only been to a couple of meetings over the years (comming from living in Pattaya now I guess)but I would suggest you ask somewhere what they will do for you.

For instance, if I had a suitable place, I would give out some free snacks (loyalty cards are a pain in the arse) or put on something more substancial once a month if the weekly numbers warrented it. Not only as a thanks for the business but also as an incentive for members to use my place at other times.

Firstly though, I would ask Gullibles what they are going to do (perhaps they now do something I don't know). Make them aware of their potential loss. i know they keep a seperate area but is that enough ? then canvass other potential places (start with ones which do food as it is then nearly free for them).

... They try to make it feel like California and prove it by offering poor service. ...

Au contraire. In our "private" section, there always appears to be 1-2 waitresses right there just for us. Getting a drink mostly involves just turning your head and asking.

Just a note, This meeting I was the first to come and first to go.

-> when I sat, it took 15 minutes to get the attention of the staff inside while about 15 others were outside taking care of a baby..........

Have to say the checkbin was quick as I did not bother to wait for my money.

(and by the way, I do not ask anymore to "steal" the meeting as I dropped the idea)

The food is reputed to be crap too, though I've never tried it.

The place satisfies the basic needs, but I do think the group could do better, especially if the bar management isn't taking care of them.

I've never attended a meeting at Gullible's (I've popped my head in a couple of times), but in the main room I've had to wait waaaaay too long for my drinks, and I don't like that. :drunk:

Never attended a meeting and never eaten the food ?? So you have no idea what you are talking about.

My wife is Thai and she asks me to take her there for the Pad Thai. And she is a very very good cook.

I attend many many meetings and I have never had a problem with the food or the service. Slow on occasion, but this is Thailand. Our membership attendance is not so high that Gullies should be fawning over us. And what would we get at another bar ... 10% off. Big deal.

I love the big wide window and seating area with lots of room for smaller groups when needed.

Ain't broken .... do not look for trouble.

Belgian dog can build his business much better ways than a few customers on Friday night.

Sorry guys I have been moving house and missed all this discussion until now....

First of all thanks for including Aloha Bar on the list as it is my partner who owns and runs it. Aloha is very small so would be an exclusive meeting place. Nineteen members would fill it and as such would make a great atmosphere.!!! We can order food from any of four restaurants in the Soi and they will deliver to the bar.

Please come and check us out on SUNDAY 14th JAN as it is my partner's birthday and she is having a small party. Food is free but u have to pay for the drinks. Then you can vote on your preference with an informed opinion.

I have to say though it is a long way down Soi 22 on the left hand side past the Queens Park Hotel and in the middle of the much talked about Japanese hostess bars. About five minutes walk from Sukhumvit.

Anyway here is a good night to check the place out so see you on Sunday. Introduce yourselves and say hello if I don't already know you.

Archived