Friday meetings change - the poll

khunsanuk

Bust tend to agree with you, all the places mentioned so far except Old Dutch are too far from interesting areas, I dont like old dutch but out of the three, the other two are too far, I frankly wouldn;t go to meetings there very often at all.

I'd ask for a revote so that we could vote for the three PLUS Gullivers.

KS - I'm heading up there about 5.30 ish,

DOG

DOG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee Doggy, you need to get out more. Soi 33 not interesting? The best area in BKK to me. Hard to get to? One stop on the BTS from Old Dutch, or walking distance as we usually do. Walk from Cowboy to 33, that is.

IMHO Livingstone's is ideal for us. It's big enough to be private without infringing on normal trade (unlike TBD, but he's OK with that, so no big deal there). I'd bet Guido the manager would get us discounts on drinks/food because they are never really busy, there are multiple rooms/buildings and big TVs for sports, pool tables, good food, AC or a nice area to sit by the pool for the cool season when people do not want AC. And as TBD, discretely available companionship.

I doubt the Old Dutch would open up the upstairs for us since there is never any way to tell how many will show (as it seems to me the upstairs is never open except afterhours).

Cheers,

SD

Well, i hope somewhere consistantly agreeable can be found, as it's my intention to show my ugly face at a meet sometime soon..don't let that put you off attending however, i'm toilet trained and only speak when i'm spoken to.

Actually the bus stop could be a good spot too!

SD - where did I say Soi 33 wasn;t interesting, problem is it's hard to get too in peak hour traffic fridays.

I went to Belgium Dog bar today, and while I had a great time there, and it will become a regular spot, no way people will find it easily! And it too is a long way from transport, remember visitors rely upon taxis etc, anything that takes you into traffic jams will soon get forgotten.

I vote B Bar as a regular spot to vist, but like Soi 33 to far away, Old Dutch sucks for foos, how about some of the cute little pubs near it?

DOG

Add Hanrahans to the list. Right next to the Bus Stop on Sukhumvit Soi 4 - no idea how long it has been opened but looks new and empty. Irish style pub it seems.

Pretty sure that it is owned by the same folks as Robin Hood. Is it any good?

Cheers,

SD

If people are considering Soi 4, why not the Nana Hotel coffee shop. Extensive menu, food is moderately priced, service has always been good. Not busy in evenings and plenty of room towards the back to expand as necessary. Also, near "ground zero" :grin:

HH

Archived