Vulgarities

Fidel

"I believe what he actually said was "hee mohk", which is not at all vulgar since it simply means "fog" - as in "mist".

You believe wrong. There is no such thing as 'hee mohk'

Hima is a Sanskrit word, as in Himalaya (home of snow), which Thai borrowed since there is no snow in Thailand

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I believe what he actually said was "hee mohk", which is not at all vulgar since it simply means "fog" - as in "mist".

You believe wrong. There is no such thing as 'hee mohk'

Hima is a Sanskrit word, as in Himalaya (home of snow), which Thai borrowed since there is no snow in Thailand

My mistake - I meant to type "mhee mohk" (I too cannot type Thai characters on this Computer), which I believe the OP mis-heard, and the connotation of which obviously fits more neatly into the "taxi drivers" reported remark - unless you can suggest another interpretation of the last three words in "Muang nawk me hee ma, Muang Thai me hee mo".

I eagerly await your alternative suggestions as to the possible interpretations of "hee mo" in this context.

Paul

"mhee mohk"

I still don`t get it, what is "mhee" supposed to mean? :) Mokh on it`s own mean fog all right, but I have yet to see this consonant cluster: Mhee.

Mayby it is Mee Mohk, have fog, มีหมอà¸Â

cheers

hn

Archived