Legal ways to employ burmese staff?

Greetings

I am still actually recruiting staff.

I have the opportunity to recruit 3 very beautiful burmese ladies but they are here illegals.

I heard that there are means to employ them legally and provide them a work permit.

Any board member has hints about this subject before I ask this question to my lawyer?

Thanks

you have two choices

- employ them illegally (with all the risks involved; as you are a newbie owner, i would not do that!)

- check whether you fulfill requirements to get work permits for foreigners (certain minimum turnover, certain number of thai staff etc. which a small bar like yours has probably difficulties to reach) and go through application procedure

by the way, do YOU have a work permit?

on a sidenote: I once employed a girl from laos as maid. her brother was working in pratunam for a thai. after 2-3 months when he asked for salary, the thai told him that he will not pay and if he would not cope, he would go to police.

both did not dare to go out on the streets. both are now back in Laos

I have heard but have no corroborating evidence that there is a way to employ such people. In fact it must be possible as we here in Pattaya often hear stories on the TV about 40 Cambodians found on a construction site, 20 had the right papers and say 20 did not and would be deported. No way would these Cambodians be earning the 50k minimum for (western) work permits etc.

It reared its head in my company last year with reference to some girls from Cambodia who did not have papers.

By the way, where do those people living in Thailand who the Thais refuse to recognise stand in this quagmire ? Can you employ them, as they have no papers ?

Not for your bargirls ,

But how hard is it to get papers saying you were born at some border town ?

Is record keeping that good ( or honest) upcountry,

I quess I am thinging the USA way , where if you are born on USA soil you are an American automatically ,

what does it take to be a "Thai" , just one parent Thai or ????

OC

One parent thai yes but that thai parent must be inside the system of house papers also. I think still some hilltribes are not recognized as thai citizens, they claim they've lived in Thailand for centuries but thai authorities say they're later illegal immigrants.

Archived