Using MSN Messenger Service

Hey All -

First of all, happy new year, may you all live healthy and prosper this year, blah blah blah...

Got a question for you tech-heads out there, on using MSN Messenger Service. For close to a year now I've been writing to this Chinese/Thai hottie from Cholburi, and both of us really like using the Instant Message thingy. She writes me in Thai, I write her in English, and it's all good, until it comes to saving the conversation to a file.

Whenever I try to save these little chat encounters, my system (Win-motherf*cking-Me), defaults it to a MS Notepad .txt file in My Documents. That's fine and all, until I go and click onto it, whereupon I see all my girl's beautiful Thai script has been replaced by question marks, as it ???????????? ????? ? ????? ?, etc.

WTF? mad.gif" border="0

I already have Thai language enabled, as I pick up and read the Thai script while we're "talking". But why can't that extend to Notepad? Or how can I change the default setting, so our conversations don't have to go to that program?

Please enlighten me, my brothers... smile.gif" border="0

I have a similar problem with my email program (earthlink ISP). If I send something out in Thai, it is received as ??? same if I receive something. Yet for some reason, I can get Chinese? Odd huh? While we are on the subject of MSN, any idea how to hook up the necessary microphone and ear piece for voice chatting? I have the micpluged into the "mic hole" but not sure about the ear phones, do I need it, or will the sound come out of the speakers? Thanks, sorry to stary off the point!

Archived