Uploading images from dig. camera to inet

Tycona

Any internet cafés or other places that will allow this? I would need to install some drivers and plug in the digital camera on an USB port.

I am thinking of NOT bringing my laptop. Too much hassle and I am always a bit afraid it might get stolen shocked.gif" border="0

Exactly, with the difficulties involved in finding an internet cafe which would allow this etc, cards are generally quite cheap and of large capacity. There was a place on the 3rd floor of Pantip that had generic flash-cards on permanent special - 64mb for less than 2000bht, although I ended up getting Kingston brand cards, 64mb for around a bit over 3000bht - saves a lot a hassles with cafes, just wait to you get home to upload.

Well, I already have a 16MB and 64 MB memory stick. Problem is that I like to take advantage of the 4+ Megapixels of my camera and each image takes up about 2 MB of memory which means I can take maybe 40 pictures or so with my 80MB. Not enough!! smile.gif" border="0 I might be taking 200+ pictures smile.gif" border="0

What is a pity btw is that my camera (and the others?) has no option of setting the jpg compression rate. Adding a little compression can easily reduce a 2 MB picture to 400KB!!

If you are using compaq flash then you can get an adaptor so that it will plug straight into the PCMCIA slot on a laptop and you can move the files off very easily

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Well, I already have a 16MB and 64 MB memory stick. Problem is that I like to take advantage of the 4+ Megapixels of my camera and each image takes up about 2 MB of memory which means I can take maybe 40 pictures or so with my 80MB. Not enough!!
smile.gif" border="0
I might be taking 200+ pictures
smile.gif" border="0

What is a pity btw is that my camera (and the others?) has no option of setting the jpg compression rate. Adding a little compression can easily reduce a 2 MB picture to 400KB!!

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Are you sure about this? -- I thought it was standard procedure that you could set the jpeg compression rate...(at least I know it's possible on my FujiFilm 4900Z). What camera do you have?

Straycat

2mb images are an extravagence and unless the subject matter is really special, mostly unnecessary as generally all you are doing is creating a large-format image that simply then gets "shrunk" again in your graphics viewer in order to fit your screen size which I guesss in most peoples cases would be 17" monitor @1024*768. If you are printing an image though, then you would want the large max 2mb file as quality output is a definite concern.

Tycona

Why dont you hire out a computer for a day when you need to uppload?

There must be a lot of computer shops which do repairs. It may be possible to use one of those computers for an hour or two with a fee. The guys here will know what you are doing and may also do it for you for a fee.

Just remember to take your software and connecting jack with you

Archived