Uploading images from dig. camera to inet

Tycona

Thanks for the replies lads. Appreciated smile.gif" border="0

I ran some tests yesterday and it seems there is a difference between "standard" and "fine". Fine: 1600KB - Standard 1100KB of the top of my head. I will need to make two exact the same pictures (one standard, one fine) to be 100% sure. Will do this this evening. Sofar the benefit has been that I have finally found out how to shoot MPEG movies with the damn thing smile.gif" border="0. I seldomly read more than a few pages of manuals smile.gif" border="0

quote:

2mb images are an extravagence and unless the subject matter is really special

Indeed. The size in bytes is what worries me more! It is perfectly possible to have a ~2300x~1800 (guestimate) JPEG with a filesize of less than 500KB. Having 80MB in memory sticks would then make for 160 pics which is not bad at all. I like having big pics, leaves all the options open. Can print them should I want so. Image viewers resize them on the fly.

quote:

Tycona, why dont you hire out a computer for a day when you need to uppload?

Now that's an idea. Where can I do this in BKK and Pattaya??

quote:

First, do you know where you will be uploading to?

Yes, I have a domain with 100MB disk space availabe smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Second, uploading 64MB is going to take a LONG time

Yes, indeed. Still it would only be a third or a fourth of it. Around 18MB or so. JPEG filesize can be greatly reduced. I opened and saved a few 1MB+++ JPEG last trip with Photoshop 6 and filesize was reduced to 100KB laugh.gif" border="0

Maybe best would be to find a place that downloads the images/movies from the camera (or memstick directly) and then burns them onto a CD. Uploading would be too much of a hassle.

Couple of things. First, do you know where you will be uploading to? My experience is having a couple hundred meg on the internet is not going to be cheap unless you have your own computer setup as a server back home.

Second, uploading 64MB is going to take a LONG time. Internet places I have seen are using modems which means 56Kbps down, 18Kbps up. So to upload 64MB would take 8 hours, given no one else was sharing the connection.

Just checking!

Archived