CELL PHONE

bigal

The only problem I encounter is the large bill my GF gets when I call her cell phone, and the resulting grief she gives me.

I use this card http://www.asiaairfare.com/thorchid.htm . I think it costs about 20 cents min to cell phone and outside BKK. But she still pays on her end too! Connection no problem 90% of the time. I don't believe what you were told. Never a problem when she calls me on her cell either. BTW, it is cheaper for her to call me on her cell than it is for her when I call her! TIT.

quote:

Originally posted by rovineye:

The only problem I encounter is the large bill my GF gets when I call her cell phone, and the resulting grief she gives me.

HUH???!! she pays?? since when has this happened?? I never get charged for incoming calls in Thailand from any source. Neither do any of my friends or my GF on Dtac. Are you sure she is not telling you a porky to get a few more baht??

"The only problem I encounter is the large bill my GF gets when I call her cell phone, and the resulting grief she gives me."

Then you should really be interested WHERE your GF is. Only when she is outside thailand, she has to pay for the international call from Thailand to the country where she is at the moment.

crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

Maybe she's on 'holiday'?

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Yes Rovineye, I think either:

a. your info is wrong, she doesn't get charged anything for incoming calls.

b. she doesn't have a Thai based SIM card.

c. she isn't in Thailand when she is getting your calls, and has International roaming turned on.

d. *** Maybe *** she happens to live very close to the Thai-Malaysian border. I have heard and read that sometimes AIS sim cards will pick up onto the Malaysian system so you end up using the phone internationally even though your still in Thailand !

Good Luck.

wink.gif" border="0

I use a One-2-Call prepaid SIM card for my mobile service here in Thailand. According to their instructions booklet, One-2-Call phones cannot make or receive international calls. If the person you are trying to call uses One-2-Call, this may well be the problem.

hehe, we need to make a fac and put cell phone info in it, like.

ALL the prepay (includes ais/dtac) systems that say they cannot receive international calls CAN receive international calls. The one person who stated they could not was due to some phone incompatibility (which argument I still don't buy). You don't have to do anything to the phone. Just dial correctly from overseas. Atleast, all of my and my friends experience has been the same. You can actually make international calls from a thailand prepay phone. Need to put down some deposit but I hear it is cheaper to just use the phone cards you can buy in the stores around town.

<<burp>>

quote:

Originally posted by gummigut:

ALL the prepay (includes ais/dtac) systems that say they cannot receive international calls CAN receive international calls. The one person who stated they could not was due to some phone incompatibility (which argument I still don't buy). You don't have to do anything to the phone. Just dial correctly from overseas. Atleast, all of my and my friends experience has been the same. You can actually make international calls from a thailand prepay phone. Need to put down some deposit but I hear it is cheaper to just use the phone cards you can buy in the stores around town.<<burp>>

I have a Phillips mobile phone I bought at MBK with AIS - 1 2 Call service and an 09 prefix number. The manual says I cannot recive or send international calls. A technician at another MBK phone shop said the Phillips phones can not receive internatinal calls (I had 4 people from the US unsuccessfully try to phone me).

Other posters have reported they can receive international calls on their mobile phone with AIS 1-2 Call service.

Does anyone own a Phillips mobile phone in Bangkok that can receive international calls?

Shotover

Archived