English teacher is paedophile suspect

elef

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To no one in particular.

There are sickos in every country. However the press/media continue to portray SE Asian countries as havens for sex offenders. Obviously this continued portrayal of these countries continues to attract scum.

I used to work in a poor community in UK in an advisory capacity and I know of a number of instances where social services/police did nothing. One woman had the mental age of a child but looked normal. She had been passed around by a number of blokes amongst themselves, had kids taken off her into care etc whilst these assholes still did what they did to her. Cops and social services knew. Another prick came to see me with his "girlfriend." She was about 20 but again had a mental age of about 8 or so, from memory. Turns out he was her uncle. Living with her and his brother at his brother's flat. His brother was the father of the woman. Both of them were schedule one offenders - i.e. beasts. The idiot was complaining about the fact that the social services were going to take their child into care. Apparently the police took him in for questioning after they'd been alerted to the girl's predicament but because she was of legal age, and in theory consenting (though God knows how they thought she had capacity), and thus they were not able to get involved. In other words they couldn't be arsed.

Who protects adults with learning difficulties? Apparently no one.

There are sickos in every country. However the press/media continue to portray SE Asian countries as havens for sex offenders. Obviously this continued portrayal of these countries continues to attract scum.

I don't think you can blame the press for this one, they're only reporting the reality of the situation. The real problem are the parents who regard their children as property to be sold or rented to the highest bidder for whatever purpose. Decent parents keep a protective eye on their offspring at all times, and would never allow them be in the situation many Thai children are exposed to. I have travelled extensivly in the last 20 years, but LOS and Cambodia are the only two countries where I have ever been propositioned by adults (possibly parents) offering the services of children, btw, I was not, or ever gave any indication whatsoever that I may have been looking for such offers. The solution is simple, S.E.A parents need to stop pimping their children and the scummy perverts will have no reason to be here.

As my post said there are people in our own countries up to the same sort of thing. It's more widespread than one would imagine. Both instances I mentioned about the two grown women with learning difficulties had been abused by their own father as children.

The press always like to demonize races/countries for whatever reason. I'm sure that what you say is true but it probably also goes on in other poor countries in South America, Africa, Eastern Europe etc. Maybe just not so obvious. As a westerner in an Asian country locals assume you have more money than them and thus gravitate towards you for scams/immoral purposes. I'm sure there's some sort of economic law/rule which defines such behaviour.

KS,

Yes, over the years I have heard many horror stories about this. How prevelent it is compared to other countries I can't say, but I can say I hear a lot of this goes on in the villages and have many stories I could repeat that are disgusting. The attitudes we saw from the 2 fishermen who raped and murdered the young farang girl down in Koh Samui last year or the year before seems to be fairly widespread among the uneducated upcountry young men. Rape is a very prevelent problem upcountry, and, in my opinion from what I hear all the time, a big problem in Thailand as a whole.

As for the pedo teachers, I think the country's earlier reputation as a haven or easy place to hide out for these sorts, and the fact that the schools took little precautions, did no real background checks, and the fact that almost anyone can get a teaching job here, made it an attractive destination for these maggots. Hopefully the recent crackdowns and tougher regulations will keep many of these types out now. I just don't see this tougher scrutiny lasting though. The Thais rarely seem to keep the pressure on for longer than is necessary to save face during a crisis. They seem to easily slip back to the status quo.

Cent

Cent

• 3 years later...

Do you have anything whatsoever to back this statement up with?

hn

Well he said that the working girls he met told him that. I suppose he could get the girls to come on here nd make some posts about it. Not sure what else he could do. ;)

Archived