Laptop/Telephone Line connection in LOS??

Hi Folks,

Could any of you regulars/expats in LOS please tell me exactly what type of adaptor i will require to connect my laptop to the telephone system please! The hotel in Pattaya i have booked states each room has an additional telephone socket for pc connection etc. I am from The UK and consequently my laptop has the satandard UK Telephone connections!

Perhaps you may think it's a waste of time even taking the pc with me, and just use an internet cafe for surfing whilst there??? your advice and views on both subjects would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry don't know about England. Thailand uses the same telephone plugs as the US though.

Basically it's four line telco with crimped on RJ11 plugs. Not sure what an RJ11 looks like? Could do an internet search or go to a Radio Shack or electronics shop smile.gif" border="0

If you got a laptop, I'd bring it. Easy to get an internet connection via any of the cards they sell at 7-11. Handy depository especially if you have a digi camera.

Luck to you,

<<burp>>

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: gummigut ]

Thank you for that info! Very helpful indeed!

wasn't too sure about the cards you reffered to at the 7-11 store though?

could you perhaps expand a little on that please!

I do have a digi camera and will be bringing it with me! and your idea of transferring the images to the laptop is great! i was just going to fill my smart media cards then revert to my normal 35mm camera!!

Just one more thing! and i hope you will excuse my ignorance here! But as i am a los newbie can you tell me if the power supply is 110 volt?

Probably a very stupid question! and if so as i said i do apologise ahead of time!!!

crazy.gif" border="0

Hi again Dave,

I have taken my laptop and it ran fine on the mains power, you just need a two pin adaptor.

I bought a LoxInfo internet package. AFAI it was 750 baht for 35 hours. There is no paperwork, they supply you with the dial in number and a username and password. When your time is used up you can no longer login.

Sounds like you will have a great trip...prepare to be a convert!

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Stump_Dog ]

Hey thanks again Stump dog! Your a real star mate!!

I am sure i will have a great time bud, and the more i read & learn about anything and everything concerning LOS just reinforces this! the only drawback is! well i have another 29 days before i get there frown.gif" border="0 Bummer huh!! tongue.gif" border="0 i really do appreciate all the help & advice you and lots of other of these board users have given me! thenks again so much Stump dog, take care mate!!

Thailand is 220 or 240 (or whatever) volts but most (if not all) laptop power supply's are both 110/220 volt compatible. I'd just double check by reading the info regarding inputs that's printed right on your power supply before plugging it into the wall here in Thailand.

If you have an AC power supply for your digital camera, chances are it's just a plain 110 volt adapter.

As to Stump Dog who says there are always people here willing to help out. NOT. I want to kick some posters ass!!! Bring on the newbie!!! Hazing at Casanova's!!!!

<<burp>>

Archived