Update to the coming Apocalypse

preahko

Hi,

Agree, black is a very common color for clothing here. At my wife's school all the teachers are required to dress in black.

Like BT's wife, mine too has loads of black clothing.

Sanuk!

ANd lets not forget those lovely University Skirts we all love so much!! :hubba: :hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naw CT, black doesn't suck the energy out of you. White does.

Proof: I wear black pants and you wear white pants for one week.

After one day, everybody laughs at your white pants. Nobody laughs at my black pants. Because you don't want to be laughed at again, you wash your white pants (Thai style of course). When you get done scrubbing your pants on the bathroom floor, you will want to have a cold drink of water. Why? Because wearing white drains the energy out of your body. And that is what Thais tell me is the reason they wear black.

I'm not sure whether this should be a new thread or not but yesterday a village copper called in and asked to see my passport. He filled out a form with all my details and asked for a passport photo to clip on it. He then asked my wife for one and clipped it beside mine. When he left, and it was a completely friendly visit, I asked my wife what it was about and she said..."the new president wants to know where all the farangs are so he can watch the bad ones". Been here three years and never happened before.

Strange,

I was sitting on the porch of our future house (we will move in next week) when a plain clothes cop stopped by, presented himself and filled in a form asking for both our names and the adress of the place. When I asked the gf "why" answer was to know where the farangs are. No passport or photos asked. Doubt I would give this withouth further questions.

I knew this guy thalenoi, he lives in the village and I always wave to his wife and little girl. He made it very plain that there was nothing threatening about this and gave me a wai when he left. I'd rather give them a look at my passport and a photo voluntarily than have to do it under duress. The Thai police are only too willing to take people down to the station to get their photo taken.

If I remember correctly, they did state earlier that the government would be checking up on us Farangs married (supposedly) to Thai women and ensure we were not just lying about our marriages to get a visa. :wave::hmmm::redflag: Looks like they were not lying about this, and about a lot of other stuff that has been told us over the past months. Don't know if I like the extra scrutiny (never have been a fan of a nosy government) but hard to blame them for doing this really.

Cent

Apparently the police are doing the checking and they are doing it a whole lot better then they do in USA.

I watched the police in the USA make a house call one day. They were dressed in SWAT uniforms and entered the front door with a battering ram. That is.... after the percussion grenade they threw inside the house had gone off!

Archived