Flash course in BKK

whosyourdaddy

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

Does anyone know of a Macromedia Flash 5 course that is available in Thailand. With the long school holiday coming I will have too much time on my hands and would like to keep myself busy and out of trouble

Thanks

If you understand Thai language well enough, there is a computer teaching facility at Fortune Tower, 22nd floor, that runs 3 different courses : webdesign(with Adobe Go Live), Flash 5, and ASP. They have lots of students, about 15 in a class. Usually a course runs from 4 to 6 weeks. The flash course takes about 4 weeks, 8 sessions I think. I do not remember the exact company name, they have a website also(do not remember that either). If you are really interested, let me know, I could still dig it up somewhere, I guess. Costs for the Flash course, about 5000 baht.

Hi,

Have you considered just trying some tutorials online?

Just read about this one (have not tried it, not interested in Flash):

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Flash 5 Tutorial: Cursors, and Text, and HTML.... Oh My!

In this month's Flash 5 tutorial Shawn Ryder takes a look at the creation

of a custom cursor, and how to import text files into a Flash file. Also

covered is how to use some basic HTML commands with these text files. http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/Flash/Basic/flash6_1.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sanuk!

I am an experienced Flash/multi-media designer with teaching experience in the US (I'm American). DOes anyone know of places that would hire an English speaking (but very willing to learn Thai) designer such as myself to teach in BKK? Many thanks...

There is a fairly new book out for Flash and Director combined, with a tut disc. Experienced/advanced, but if you know the basics... It is a bit of a brick, but very thorough.

yikes flash can get pretty intense. If you are just looking to do some basic web animations you might look into adobes live motion. It makes swf files and its realy fast and easy. Of course not anywhere near as deep as flash.

quote:

Originally posted by Vegas Dave:

yikes flash can get pretty intense. If you are just looking to do some basic web animations you might look into adobes live motion. It makes swf files and its realy fast and easy. Of course not anywhere near as deep as flash.

more of looking into the presentation sides of it.. My students have made brilliant presentations that blow my powerpoint pres. out of the water.. I better start to keep up with them or I may be out of a job

• 2 weeks later...

You can download a 30 day trial version of Flash directly off the Macromedia website. Once installed there is an online tutorial (under the Help menu) that is very good. For basic Flash stuff, I'd say working thru the tutorial, plus a bit of experimenting, will do fine. I was able to get lots of pretty funky stuff within 1/2 an hour.

Archived