What do you think of new apple IPHONE?

eee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my opinion, unless I'm missing something. Has to do with the US lack of technology in that sector I believe (new shit there is two years old here in Asia).

Really, what does it do that a DoPod or Nokia N80 (for example) can't? Both have WiFi, N80 has GSM and WCDMA, DoPod has Windows Mobile that can conceivably run Skype or Vonage or other VOIP (but rumour has it that SkyPe are coming out with a Symbian version of their software).

So it can play iTunes. Big deal. My 3+ year old Samsung can play MP3s too.

All hype IMHO.

Cheers,

SD

I guess the big difference is the user interface. Makes sense. Add to that the fact that it runs OSX as it base you got a pretty smart phone. Being a mac user I would say this phone is years ahead of any other product.

Touch screen is kind of cool.

If you already have an iPod and are using i-Tunes then it would be a bonus for synching-up etc.

But I'm in agreeance with SuaDum. Nothing really too new. Maybe good if you're a Mac user, but I'm not.

I'm more than happy with my Nokia N73, and can't wait until the N95 comes out soon.

Whilst it doesn't do much else that my Sony Ericcson 910 already does, from the reviews and so forth I've seen, it does it better. And the interface is the thing, very different and new.

Still I'll be waiting for version 2 before I get one.

Cheers

Coss

Here in europe the comments were:

apple doesn't have the right to the Iphone trademark

10 year old mobile technology (GSM) instead of 3G

bad camera

too big

will just sell to old apple fundamentalists

----

Soon a new Nokia is for sale, of course with mp3, but also a 5 megapixel camera and GPS.

I think Sony Ericcson Walkman phone have much better sound and head phones that the NOkia.

I ve got the Sony Ericcson Cybershot 3.2MP camera. Its got a fast internet browswer etc. The pictures are really good. However I wouldnt get it again. I want Sony Ericcson to bring out a walkman phone with high storage space, with a really goof camera also. The K800 cybershot is great but the mp3 isnt up to the walkman standard. They look good also.

Mac users are very loyal, but the Ipod isnt the best mp3 player. I know a few people that had problems with the hard drive beyond repair, and just out of warranty.

The iaudio gets best reviews from its users, but it aint cheap, £280

I guess the big difference is the user interface. Makes sense. Add to that the fact that it runs OSX as it base you got a pretty smart phone. Being a mac user I would say this phone is years ahead of any other product.

That is quite an understatement, I dont think one year is enough, one thing is fore sure, the entire industry will copy it's features. Basically this thing is an Ipod a cell phone a black berry and a palm all in one solution.

It comes in a decent small size, not like these huge devices that Nokia produces and people actually buy it when they can get smarter features in smaller size for lower costs! However it is Marketing and that's why these furniture resembling Nokia phones sell well!

That is why the iPhone will take a giant part of the market, especially Apple users will love it, one who was about to buy a new iPod will love that thing, one who wants a GPS will love it etc...

the features are unbeatable and whoever is trying to compare an existing phone with it is plugging the brand he prefers, there is nothing like that and since it is based on osx there will be add on software like mad.

The widescreen ipod video feature is a winner and the battery lasts 18 hours in ipod mode, 24 hours in gps mode and 39 hours in actual phone calls! Everyone who uses a cell phone knows how fast these batteries die, this one does not and that is the biggest plus the phone has.

I haven't even started talking about the design and the hip image that thing has (and I wont)

It will rule!

Archived