What do you think of new apple IPHONE?

eee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only picked afew reviews.But is true that many users arent happy with the IPod. I ve read review after review from the owners, who better to comment, that ipod has give problems. My brother in law is an avid mac user, gets all the latest stuff, it provides his livelyhood. He loves the mac computer, but even he said there is a problem with the ipod reliability. But this aint so bad. Its not a curse on the actual ipod and its something I m sure apple will be trying to fix.

Ask a gamer what he thinks of Macs.

Doesn't matter...if you are aware of the latest developments in computing, Apple already uses the fastest Intel chips, you can have multiple GPUs in the top end mac pros and if you want you can boot into Windows to play your favourite game, using bootcamp or the soon to be improved parallels, plus there's Cider, which wraps all PC code and enables you to play any PC game within OSX, as is...the first 6 games that have been 'ciderized' are due soon...

The gaming argument, which was valid, is now dead.

FYI, the touch screen on the iPhone is patented...by Apple...so sure, many Korean phones are light years ahead of what's on sale in the USA, but the iPhone leap frogs them now...it will be upgraded and improved too...i'd like to see a more powerful camera for example...this is its first incarnation...can't wait for the next.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Still, I don't imagine gamers will be deserting their PCs en masse anytime soon.

I did notice a few years back that with OS X, Apple finally started to support multi-button mice. Now that was a bold move.

Same with going to Intel.

Anyway, regarding the whole "Macs are best and PC users are cretins!" movement, I wish people would give it a break. I personally prefer PCs if for no other reason than to save money.

:twocents:

I for one have always shied from any Apple product. I have never used one so therefore am unqualified to critique one. The only criticism (?) I can throw is that their products appear the technological equivalent of the electric toaster for the masses. Simple and reliable yet low of reconfigurability and adaptation? That may be completely wrong but its' the impression I get so that is Apples failing in my mind!! I need something more technically frustrating to challenge my brain :-)

For ease of use Apple products are superior sure, but they are as configurable as any PC, the only downside being that some GPUs aren't supported, as there aren't drivers made for osx, altho' most of the latest and greatest are supported...however, most things with Apple are plug n play...i don't need drivers for adsl modems for example, most things just work!

OSX has a command line component if you want to get all tech savvy...it's built on a Unix core/kernal and you can fuck around to your hearts content if that floats your boat.

I just like having a computer that doesn't crash, doesn't hang, doesn't need lots of security and doesn't suffer a virus everytime i go online. I can install software without restarting, run any mac or pc app if i want...i get the best of both worlds. To be honest i rarely use windows now...i have a pc as well as a mac...my pc is gathering dust.

To be fair, my Xb Media Center edition has never crahsed. What bugs me about windows is that if you dont put some effort into maintaining the system the boot sequence will be longer and longer after the login. With apple you dont have that shit and since I used it for profesionaly phot and video editing a PC is entriely out of question. If I had used the last year a PC I wouldn't have finished my work untill today which was done in Sepetember last year with the Mac!

If you are a gamer or only a net surfer you should spend the money on thai hookers instead of a Mac, it is not worth it. If you have to do some serious work which requires performance your time should be worth more than the higher price that you have to pay!

True, but i use macs for fun...i detest windowz...i've had to use microshit at work or when undertaking research in the past...mostly for statistics...i hate it...loathe it...i have 6 macs at present altho' most are gathering dust now...sure you pay more but it's an all round better experience imho. I will never buy a PC with windowz on it...the PC laptop i have here was given to me..i duely lent it to a friend.

Archived