What do you think of new apple IPHONE?

eee

Once upon a time all viruses were found in the macintosh world as all young computer hackers were there, now that group has moved to linux but the viruses are in windows environment.

Worldwide apple has around 5 % of the market, linux 5 % and windows 90 %.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but i use macs for fun...i detest windowz...i've had to use microshit at work or when undertaking research in the past...mostly for statistics...i hate it...loathe it...i have 6 macs at present altho' most are gathering dust now...sure you pay more but it's an all round better experience imho. I will never buy a PC with windowz on it...the PC laptop i have here was given to me..i duely lent it to a friend.

Dude, of course you can use 6 apples for fun you are HiSo :)

Nah, I totally understand where you are coming from, it was rather a recommondation for someone else but me! I'd never buy a PC again formyself except for a media center solution where they simply rock and run stable. I also have to admit that Windows Vista looks very stunning! I needed PCs for developing websites, I needed to know how they look like on all kind of browsers and also some developing tools didn't run on the mac.

I think it is a matter of taste if the perfomrance isn't required!

That windows holds 90% of the market, which is according to the stats I had on my websites an understatement (96% windows users) has ore to do with brilliant marketing and licensing then quality! Since PCs are way cheaper as an office computer the Mac will never break into this market, and if you compare the usage of PCs in the professional advertising companies you will most likely find one on the book keepers desk and one for the secretary!

• 5 years later...

5 and a half years on, the iPhone hasn't done too bad eh? I keep saying I'm going to get an Android phone but still haven't. Whatever the faults of Steve Jobs and Apple, that put out a nice, solid, dependable product that does pretty cool shit.

5 and a half years on, the iPhone hasn't done too bad eh? I keep saying I'm going to get an Android phone but still haven't. Whatever the faults of Steve Jobs and Apple, that put out a nice, solid, dependable product that does pretty cool shit.

Yep!

Khrap. :neener:

The only Apple product I have ever bought was an Ipod Classic about 5 years ago, which I have rarely used, and I have no intention of buying any other Apple products. :nono:

IMHO Samsungs phones and tablets are better looking, feel better to hold and perform every bit as good, if not better than Apples. :up:

Khrap. :neener:

The only Apple product I have ever bought was an Ipod Classic about 5 years ago, which I have rarely used, and I have no intention of buying any other Apple products.

Ah, look at that sly use of 'khrap' (btw, why is it that in every Thai txt they teach you to say Khrap, yet I NEVER actually hear any Thai dudes say it that way, they all say "khap" and cut out the R sound).

Anyway, I'm just the opposite - I used to ridicule apple users as fanboys and elitists (which is sometimes true), but I'm surprised at how much the little gadget has made itself an everyday part of life.

Every single day I use the iphone with 2 apps, evernote and dropbox, I call it the trifecta of power. With evernote I work on documents between a workstation, home laptop, work laptop - and those docs are instantly synced to all 3 and available. Dropbox is the same with a folder structure - you work on any file, put it in your dropbox folder - and bam get to work, logon, it starts syncing that folder immediately and after a few moments everything is there. Both are also available instantly on the iphone - (contents of dropbox folder and evernote docs), which gives you great portability, can be in any location and access all that material -- hell, I tried to recommend dropbox here but I think that one got lost as people don't really get how awesome this is till they use it).

I'm babbling as usual. But on that alone I'd stick with the iPhone, but it's a hell of a lot bigger than that - the thing works good, and it's gotten me out of a pinch several times.

My home laptop is about dead, and I'm about to go back to Apple on that one too. Hello Macbook Pro, please allow me to introduce myself....

:)

My home laptop is about dead, and I'm about to go back to Apple on that one too. Hello Macbook Pro, please allow me to introduce myself....

:)

Good call on the MacBook Pro, awesome piece of hardware, apart from myself I think Coss and The Corithian are the only other iDiots on here, so welcome to the club.

I got my first iPhone 2G in 2007, it was never released in Thailand so a grey import from Hong Kong, it's still in my "boys toys box" gathering dust, shit I used to think 16GB was a large memory back then switching from an O2 with 8GB. For me it just works, I like my music (understatement) so a combination of an iPod and a phone did it for me, why carry and have the hassle of charging 2 devices when you can just have one?

Currently have the 4S and would not change it for the world

>apart from myself I think Coss and The Corithian are the only other iDiots on here, so welcome to the club.<

I think I'm idiot enough to join that club. I moved from Win to Mac in 2004, never looked back. Laos is riddled with bugs, viruses and other nasties. Everyone around me (when i lived there) was constantly battling slowed down or crashed Win, I sailed through on my first Powerbook without a scratch.

I bought it in 2004, replaced it early last year, 7 years on one laptop, without a significant virus. I replaced it because it could no longer carry the new applications I'm using, but it lives on, be it with a few holes in the screen, still going strong somewhere in a NGO training centre at the ripe age of 8 years.

Phonewise, I skipped the iPhone, happy with my Samsung S, 16 Gb plus 32 Gb micro SD that fits thousands of pix plus quite a a few movies plus all the music I'll ever want.

I looked at an iPad for travel use, but the Sony tablet has USB plus SD card slot, doesn't have the iPad's anal Apple limitations on what you put into it.

Horses for courses.

Was looking at that Samsung Galaxy Note a few days ago-nice big screen but probably not worth the money -you could get a decent 3G mobile and tether or bluetooth connect it to a small laptop for a better web experience and for less £....also,cant see the point of the pen that goes with it :confused:

Archived