Great new ADSL deal

Lamock Chokaprret

Just happened across an unexpected bargain on ADSL from lenso datacom.

Started buying service from them about 1.5 months ago. They sent this offer to me via email at beginning of Feb. Don't know how long it will last but here's the deal.

Unlimited nights & weekend services 128k down/64k up for b999 for 30 days (higher speeds are available). The service is supposed to run 8PM to 8AM (8PM Fri to 8AM Mon). The bargain is that they frequently forget to shut your account down after 8AM. So far, using this account for about a week I've only been shut down once during the day. And it's been running constantly.

I suspect they only get around to killing these accounts if they are having bandwidth problems. And the speed is excellent. I seem to get the full 128 when downloading stuff via Morpheus.

My company used to use their service and it was always pretty decent. Very little downtime.

I hope not everyone signs up for this or they'll start killing my daytime access more frequently. cool.gif" border="0

BTW. The killer here is that if you have a laptop, the modem is 8-10,000 baht.

I'll be away for a few days so if you have any questions, I probably won't be checking this board until Monday at the earliest. Assuming my connection is still running.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Lamock Chokaprret ]

There is the cost of the modem / PCI card which is 10000 / 2000 baht. I got them down to 8000 for the modem. You need a modem if you have a laptop as no place to plug the card.

There is a sign-up fee of 500 baht. This may be waved if you purchase the modem from them.

Each account they give you is good for 30 days after activation. It can be activated anytime within one year of purchase.

Lately I've been noticing that they've been on top of shutting down the "time zone" accounts (that's their terminology for nights / weekends) closer to the cut-off time of 8AM but it's typically been running until about 10:30AM or so. Haven't had it go all day since last Thurs I think (I was away over the weekend).

The only hidden cost is that if you buy one of their fixed hours plans (say 40 hours in 30 days) if you don't use the hours you lose them. Sort of like cell phone minutes.

Archived