YouTube help PLEASE

dddave

I downloaded YouTube a while ago but have never successfully had a video run.

Either it doesn't run at all or runs for about 5 seconds then pauses for about 30; annoying to say the least.

I have a pretty up-to date Toshiba notebook, P4 mobile processor, 768K Ram, 40G hd with a lot of space...windows XP.

I run with AVG and Zone Alarm, browser is Firefox.

Any suggestions??

Hi,

And what is your internet connection speed? My guess is that the stopping is due to your connection being too slow.

Happens to me as well. If a long movie I tend to open the page, start the video and continue browsing on another page. Periodically check to see if the entire video has downloaded. Once it has, I watch it.

Sanuk!

it probably is down to connection speed. However in saying that mine played ok with a 1MB connection, with occasional videos that stopped.

Now I have a 3.2 MB connection and they play well, but still get buffering sometime. i think the connection speeds aren't consistent and maybe the site has some problems. I m in the uK now, so maybe that makes a difference.

I want to be able to download of utube...but its seems like a complicated process...

good luck

2.8 GHz in combination with 768 MB RAM (I still have my 486 with windows 3.1 - worlds most stable OS ever - 8 MB RAM and processor speed 33 MHz (?), 2 harddisks 256 + 512 MB) should be enough, either you've too many program running eating your memory or it's like KS said the internet speed.

with youtube two good tricks.

1 - As soon as the video starts and while still buffering, hit pause button

2 - keepvid.com iis a good tool to save the video's, however they are kept in a FLV format, so you'll need VLC or similar to play the file

OR

Go to your temp folder and look for the file, it will be a large fucker with no extension usually, copy it somewhere to keep, add .lv to the end, and again play in VLC or similar

there is even a web site that play deleted youtube files (anything showing less than the hint of a nipple) however you need the user name to find them. Apparently youtube bans a file, but they dont always delete it!

DOG

Downloaded YouTube? There's nothing to download except the videos themselve.

Then you go and get all posessive and start talking about "MyTube"???

Just giving you a hard time. :) As KS said, just browse somewhere else while the video loads, then return. You can mute the sound so you don't get stop-and-go noise. I sometimes will load 5-10 videos at a time, no problems, with a machine less powerful than yours and a True 1.2 line.

You can also use Firefox' video downloader extension to actually download the video to your drive.

Hey

Here is a programme that might help you and many others here its called " VDownloader 0.2

"

I came across this free download on a link on a " music blog " a couple of weeks ago.

It allows you to download any video from you tube and google ( i have only bothered d/loading from you tube so far) and store them on your hard disk,I'v already downloaded a lot and after burned music vids to dvd or cd's etc

After you've downloaded this programme "VDownloader 0.2 "

you must store / keep two programmes in the same directory

here is the link,hope it is of some help

http://www.softpedia.com/progViewOpinions/10-5-295,.html

Cheers,Vincent

Archived