New gogo's on Samui

limbo

MooNoi, your right Samui really has gone down hill over the last 10 years. But nothing to do with the naughty nightlife, they have had agogo on Samui for years and hundreds of beer bars long before that and long before the families and couples started going there. So its not a question of the mongers ruining it for the families/couples more the other way round?! I agree with you about the Tesco, Starbucks and Pizza hut etc crap ruining it but so has the unrestricted development of over priced resorts and housing. 10 years ago believe it or not Chaweng was listed as one of the top 10 beaches in the world, if you told someone that now they would rightly laugh in your face!

Simie.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm pissed off gogos are opening up in Samui.

Leave the place as it is!

There is plenty of other sanuk-havens for punters who want to P4P.

Leave SOME resort areas in Thailand for familes/couples/others who don't want to have the sanuk scene rubbed in their faces.

Samui's really going down the gurgler... Tesco's, Starbucks, Bowling Alleys, McDonalds...

Not the Samui I first went to almost 10 years ago..

Why did they have to fuck up paradise?

:banghead::cussing:

you dont even need hua hin! phuket gogos are only on a single street and there are plenty places to 'get away from it all'

Actually I was surprised of the rate Families vs. Single-Travelers in Lamai this time around. It used to be 40:60 in 2003, now it is about 70:30. And they go into the beerbars like us, not minding the action at all.

It is the Alcoholics that want a Mallorca-Holiday with Thai-Girls, that worry me. In our ressort, 75 of the guests are drunk by 1 pm, and not even one english guest in the place - all Krauts.

MaW

Archived