Favourite Book Of All Time?

MooNoi

What's it say about you???

Fucking like reading great books... that's what!!

Technology dominated... social decay.. relationships don't matter anymore...

He was fucked up... but maybe (scarily) pretty good in his predictions!!!

You rock!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK lads, a dam good list of books that I want to read, how about the Thai360 book club, we take a vote, read one, and in a month open up a discussion about the book, doesn;t matter where you live, you can join in (Though I'll read mine while eating at Sams 2000 in cowby :) )

DOG

Very good idea, Dog... how do we kick it off???

May neeed a comic or two for some readers...

Yeah... the Wilbur Smith readers. :grin:

How can you read that mainstream gloop?

Each to their own I guess. :neener:

Try something from the "LITERARY" section, TB... not the cut-price bargain bin!!! :grin:

I've mentioned this before on here.... but I think it's worth another mention: Very Thai is a fantastic book, covers every aspect of Thai pop culture you can imagine. Very informative and entertaining and complete with over four hundred excellent colour photos.

From the publisher:

This pioneering insight into contemporary Thai folk culture delves beyond the traditional Thai icons to reveal the casual, everyday expressions of Thainess that so delight and puzzle. From floral truck bolts and taxi altars to buffalo cart furniture and drinks in a bags, the same exquisite care, craft and improvisation resounds through home and street, bar and wardrobe.

http://www.riverbooksbk.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=158

At least Torneyboy owms up to Wilbur Smith, I've seen a few litery snobs carrying a copy onto the plane because "it was all the airport bookshop had". Books are for entertainment and Wilbur Smith, Stephen King, Stephen Leather et al are doing that for more people than Tolstoy or Sudham.

More power to them I say.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

A Clockwork Orange

As a writer after reading those two you think "Fuck me I might as well give up because I'll never be as good as them."

Cheers

Don't give up. Anthony Burgess dad was a tobacconist and part time pub pianist in Moss Side.

Archived