Unlocking GSM hand phones

Palatkik

Anyone know if a GSM sp (service provider)-unlocked hand phone will work on AIS or DTAC?

I bought a Siemens, for use with AIS. I am thinking of sp-unlocking the Siemens to use with another SIM card by another service provider (outside Thailand)? so I don?t need to carry 2 hand phones around. Will my legit AIS account still work with the unlocked phone?

Cheers

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Palatkik ]

No problem for unlocking Siemens phones. I can do the job for you when I arrive in BKK, Also can change your phone to use with One2call or Dprompt. Only Siemens C/M 35 now.

sorry Palatkik,

I have to retract my former answer.

You should have said you are talking about the S45.

Generally to unlock a Siemens is no problem in MBK (same for Motorola). And yes, Andrew, this means you can use your European phone here, after unlocking it.

BUT the last time I checked in MBK (in November) most shops could NOT unlock the S45. Some said they could do it, but all but one sounded like they would not really be able to do it. And they charged up to 2000 Baht for it, instead of the usual 200 B. I don't know whether the situation has changed.

Sorry again.

quote:

Originally posted by iuytrede:

sorry Palatkik,

Thanks for the clarification. I?m outside of BKK at the moment and having trouble finding a place that can do the sp-unlock on the S45. Cannot find anything on the Internet either. Still if MBK is 2000B it?s still cheaper than buying another hand phone. I?m going to wait until I get back to MBK to follow this up I think, as I cannot get any luck elsewhere.

I also just got this answer from Siemens

Thank you for contacting Siemens Mobile Phones UK. You must contact your

network in Thailand and they will be the organization that will give you the

Network Unblocking code so you can use another SIM Card. The other

network will be able to do nothing for till you get this code.

Regards,

Technical Service Agent, UK

SIEMENS SG

08705-334411

Cheers,

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Palatkik ]

Archived