CD Rewriters for laptop at Pantip how much?

BadBlintz,

This doesn't answer you question, but to give you a idea of prices here in the USA. I just purchased a refurbished one on 'ubid'. It was a portable Sony and I paid about $150. You can use your USB to connect. It can operate on battery or AC. It was a 4X4X6, 8MB. Came with softwear and a remote. I wish I had waited because I just saw a refurbished Sony VAIO, 8X4X24 that plugs into the PC card slot, for about $300.

Just a suggestion, look at 'ubid' or 'ebay' for a price comparison. I have bought cell phone, camcorder, and computer batteries at Pantip Plaza for about 50% of what they sell for in the USA. I hope they will have a battery for my Sony laptop, next month.

THanks for the info. I have checked PriceWatch.com and there seem to be slow external USB rewriters for as low as $93 at US mail order outlets (an HP, I think). In Chiang Mai, everyone is selling this very inexpensive laptop (30,000 baht or so) which comes with the option of an Acer external CD-RW for 6500 baht. I figured 6500 baht was still 50% higher than the Price Watch US prices. Anyone seen less than 6500?

Archived