Hard Rock Pattaya? Others recommended?

YimSiam

'watdeekup,

So I have another short trip coming up, and I'm looking for a Pattaya hotel - in the past I've stayed at Penthouse (too many times, too many roaches, and way too many damn coupons for Kittens Go-Go!) and Mercure (too boring, and now no guests) and some unremarkable places I can't remember the names of. My trip is short so money's not an issue - any word on Marriott or Hard Rock? I like a place that doesn't blink twice as I come and go at all hours with my freelancer friends, and has comfortable suites available that will fit me and a couple girls, and a seaview from the balcony (love to watch the sewage pump into the gulf...). Somewhere to live the luxx life while enjoying some old-fashioned Pattaya sleaze.... Any recommendations, or am I asking too much?

Sorry for the naive request, but I'm just a Bangkok boy learning my way around Pattaya... :wave:

Thanks,

YimSiam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard Rock Hotel had an other name which I don't remember years ago, at that time not so expensive but it went bankruptcy as noone wanted to live in the very small rooms. Same old rooms but nicer furniture now, so my advice is that if you can't afford to stay in one of the suites stay away from the hotel.

The swimmingpool is probably the best in Pattaya and many families stay in the hotel just because of that. Great location, yes and many more good things to say but small rooms and high prices.

Elef made an excellent response is probably why there is no other follow up. All I can really do is reiterate what he said. I've stayed at Hard Rock once and glad I did as it is a really unique experience and a cool place. But the high price for such small rooms has kept me from returning.

I agree with what others are saying. The rooms at the Hard Rock are nothing special at all. The pool is very, very nice. Actually, even the breakfast buffet was only average, not much different to the cheaper places in town.

We paid about 3,600 baht a night when we stayed there a couple of years back. I would not stay there again.

Thanks all for your responses to date - since I don't plan on swimming and do like big open rooms, sounds like not the right place, considering the tepid tone (though still considering possibility of a suite if nothing else comes up).

So, change in request: what's the best place to stay in Pattaya for a debauched long weekend, money no object for once?

Many thanks -

YimSiam

I was at Hard Rock one night when I stayed at Marriott when I fucked a Marriott chick. Rooms are average and do NOT look like on the pictures! The pool is nice but not the best, Mariott and Amari Pools are better.

You want to spend that kind of money I would go to Marriott i give you 4 reasons which beat all other hotels!

1) even the smallest room is huge, quality hard wooden floor, good showers, great 24 hour roomservice, overall service is brilliant and the food is incredible.

2) It is connected on 3 levels and many different entry points to Royal Garden, you don't have to sweat, you stay airconditionend the entire time. You need some mouthwash, or condoms, you don't even have to go outside, that rocks!

3) You wanna head to JP Bar ;) all you gotta do is walk through the Royal Garden Plaza (airconditionend) and voila there are baht buses waiting for you, or you like it more LOMANTIC, you walk through the garden of marriott which looks lovely at night, you come out on beach road on the outer east side of Royal garden between the 2 currency exchange stands (now 3 actually) 20 yards away from Burger King!, Voila Baht buses waiting for you!

4) The beds have the best possible quality, they are amazing, really amazing otherwise I wouldn't mention it. The entire areal is like an oasis thumb_1170413170-neu-1.JPG

Moi, go to JP Bar?! :shocked: OK, maybe every once in a while, but just on days that end with 'y'... and only because it's a nice romantic place to listen to some music while the sun comes up! :cool:

Thanks for the efforts, CT -- appreciate it. Unless someone has a better suggestion, it looks like Marriott's the answer... Strange though, I somehow expected more options at the higher end in a big place like Pattaya? Maybe it's just that high end places don't like guys like me who always keep one foot in the gutter...

Thanks again,

YimSiam

Sorry YS about JP bar, must have confused you with someone else!

Dusit Resort and Amari Hotel also Siam Bayview and the Montien hotel are high end, but can they really compare with the location of Marriott and the full airconditionend shopping trip, no they can't!

I know quite some people at the marriott, also the manager and the chef cook which are part of my walking street sightseeing group. If you really gonna book there shoot me a PM I will let them know you will cum...err come. Might give you some baht discount!

Actually I made a video with my ixus camera from one of the suites, if you PM me your email I will send it to you!

Archived